Not applicable
Hi, just purchased trumpet vines, live in NE Ohio now concerned what to do with them for winter?
Honored Contributor
I don't think anything kills trumpet vine. It's extremely invasive; I'd think twice before planting it. It comes up all over the place and once established you can't get rid of it. I had it run about 25 ft underground, then under a 12ft wide cement patio and come up in the small crack between the patio and the house foundation. A friend had one that found a small crack in a corner and it actually came inside the house. You have to constantly kill "suckers" that come up in the yard. They are pretty, have beautiful flowers and are easy to grow but if you plant one you're asking for a bunch of grief.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

ITA! I had once planted one in my yard. During the summer I went to a friend's house and noticed that her neighbor had planted one on their joining fence. The roots went underground and filled in my friend's basement window wells, then it went under the cement patio and garage and came up in a small area between the friend's garage and her other neighbor's garage, a distance of at least 75 feet. Looked like a jungle and bees and hornets everywhere. I went home and cut mine down and sprayed it with ground killer. It still tried coming back up for about 3 years.