Honored Contributor

Several months ago the Frost Guard was a TSV. I bought one for my son's and my husband's cars for Christmas. When they opened up their Frost Guard gifts, they said thank you and that was it. My husband did eventually open his and it was leopard print (by the time I ordered his, that was about the only choice left). I could tell he would never use it.

Well, last week my son spent 10 minutes cleaning the frost off his car windows - he decided to put the Frost Guard on his car that night. In the morning he went out and zip took the Frost Guard off and had a clean windshield. He was so pleased - he told his Dad. And don't you know it BOTH of them have been using it ever since. My husband doesn't care anymore that it is leopard print.

Money well spent. Tonight my husband asked me why I didn't buy one for myself. To tell you the truth I never expected both of them to like it AND use it - I thought I would inherit one that wasn't being used. We have had several other type of windshield covers and none have worked as well as the Frost Guard.

Trusted Contributor
Mine broke second time I used it. Would be a great product if it were constructed better.
Respected Contributor
All it takes is one successful use to convince you that you can't live without it. I used mine for the first time before the Thanksgiving storm. That snowfall was wet and heavy, and I simply peeled off the Frost Guard and had a pristine windshield. Love it!
"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Honored Contributor

I have a cheapy plastic one from walmart $6, and it works. I also use that spray that gets rid of ice.

Warmer weather now.

Occasional Contributor

I bought one too & LOVE it. Great purchase!

Contributor
OP, I'm so glad you posted this. I've had a similar experience. Bought two when they were TSV, one for my husband and for myself. I originally thought it was a gimmicky gift but after our first Michigan frost and snow, that cover goes on my windshield every night ( I park outside). I was pleasantly surprised that first morning when other vehicles had thick frost, my Frost Guard easily removed, revealing a dry, clean windshield. I really appreciate this product. Only one time it was snowing, windshield was slightly wet, overnight it froze to the windshield. Had to run the defrosters for 5 minutes then the cover easily removed. Just have to make sure windshield is dry when putting in place. It's been a good purchase for me.
Honored Contributor
I would have liked one, but I wasn't thinking snow when they were a TSV. I could use one for parking at work.
Honored Contributor
I was gifted one by a friend and really have appreciated it. So far, so good.
“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Falls into my 'Best, Dumbest thing I ever bought' category!** Entire family is so thankful for theirs after this turned out to be another winter for the record books. They looked at me weird on Christmas morning....but am SO thankful now! New large size is perfect for DH truck that doesn't fit in garage...and all 3 kids park outside and couldn't be without it! Works perfect during every raging blizzard we have had here in western New York.

**That...and poopouri....LOL. Joke gift that they are all VERY thankful for as well! LOL

Honored Contributor
On 2/16/2015 RespectLife said:

Falls into my 'Best, Dumbest thing I ever bought' category!** Entire family is so thankful for theirs after this turned out to be another winter for the record books. They looked at me weird on Christmas morning....but am SO thankful now! New large size is perfect for DH truck that doesn't fit in garage...and all 3 kids park outside and couldn't be without it! Works perfect during every raging blizzard we have had here in western New York.

**That...and poopouri....LOL. Joke gift that they are all VERY thankful for as well! LOL

HA! HA! I also bought poopouri in addition to the Frost guard. I have not seen a bottle of poopouri since Christmas. But I see the frost guard put on the cars every night. And since we seem to have snow or frost every night - for once I picked a winner.