Trusted Contributor

I consider myself, and my circle of friends/family to be representative of 'Joe Consumer'. Most of us own an iron. Don't remember where it came from; ancient shower gift, dead relative, etc. The last time I used my iron was for an iron-on patch project for the grandkids.

I have and have known people that bought, (not necessarily from QVC) most of the other QVC items. Keurigs, Dyson, KitchenAid, etc. but no one I know, would ever spend $$ on an iron. If someone did buy it, everyone would have said, 'Why did you do that, I would've given you mine.'

Respected Contributor

You are so wrong!!!! I iron all the time. I wear a lot of cotton shirts and after one wearing they have to be ironed. My go to fabric in the summer is linen and that must be ironed before wearing. I do not mind ironing. I guess some of us care to look neat and put together.

Respected Contributor

I lust after that iron, but I know I wouldn't use it enough to warrant the expense.

To each their own. I had similar thoughts about the ginormous $100 lawn spinner they were selling this past weekend, but they ended up selling something like 50,000. Go figure.

Valued Contributor

Iron? What's that? Don't own one. However, I do have a great steamer I bought at Costco. That works well for me.

Trusted Contributor

I agree, a person COULD live without an iron, but I would never want to.

Everything looks better when it's ironed, even a t-shirt, and though I don't iron every item I wear every time I wear it, when I want to look really well-groomed, and my clothes need it, I iron.

I also use it for so many things around the house. Washing and ironing decorator fabric items is something that makes things look so much better.

I don't hate ironing, so that's one thing, I find it relaxing.

Also, I sew and a good iron is an necessary item for professional looking results.

So, yes, lots of us out there appreciate a good iron.

It's a tool, and everyone loves good tools for their purposes.

Honored Contributor

I iron every day.

Esteemed Contributor

I iron and I steam.. depending on the fabric.

Honored Contributor

I bet they don't sell many in Phoenix.........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

I once had an iron. I think it was my mothers. I am sure this is a nice one but since I have no need ----- not be something I would purchase. I use my dryer to iron out whatever has wrinkles. But these days all I buy are clothes that really don't wrinkle and if they do the steam option I have takes care of it.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't see the purpose of this thread - sounds like just starting a pointless fight.