Contributor
If Dr. Denese's products are so good, why did she have extensive work done on her face??? B
Super Contributor

NO skincare in the world will give a person the results that cosmetic procedures do - none.

Good skincare can, however, improve the texture, and thereby the appearance, of skin, protect it from damage from environmental aggressors which cause premature aging etc.

You would be kidding yourself to think that people in the skincare industry, particularly those in the public eye, do not as a routine matter have cosmetic procedures.

Having said that, I swear by the Hydroshield serum. I have been using it for over 4 years and I would not go a day without it. No matter what other skincare I use, this is one product I always incorporate in my regimen. I find it has kept my skin hydrated and youthful looking. I notice a big difference when I do not use it. I can't say enough about it. And, I am super critical about skincare in general. Amen.

Trusted Contributor
Poof went lots of posts! Webbie is working tonight.
Super Contributor

This is the reason why I have not and do not plan on buying any of Joan Rivers' beauty products (may she rest in peace). But just for conversation's sake and am too lazy to google it, what procedures had Dr D done on her face/neck/etc.?

Regular Contributor
From what I recall, she had some re-shaping done to the nose area, and eyelids (fat around the eyelids). She said it always made her look tired. There was more, I just don't recall everything. It was more than a tune-up, that I do know from what I read!
Honored Contributor

This was shared by sandgirl a little over a week ago regarding postings made by Dr. Denese on her Facebook page:

This was her post:

Yes I had surgery. Here is what I had: reduction of my nostrils. There is no cream for that lol. Upper eye lid reduction: I had a lot of fat trapped under the eye brows making me look sleepy all the time. Plus I had a little extra skin on the lids. Plus brow lift. Recovery was he..ll really but I am ok by now

2nd Post:

I had a similar problem as Renee Zellwager. (Not like I was ever as pretty as her lol.) I had a heavy eye lid, a lot of fat under the eye lid and fat on the brow bone. I looked sleepy without make up. Now I need less make up. I even had a vascular malformation that the surgeon fixed at the same time. No cream for this kind of problem.

This was the one from this morning:

If you feel it is appropriate, feel free to share what I told you about my surgery on other forums. If you think it is a good idea. You can even quote me. It is best to be honest and just live with the consequences good or bad. And hope for good .... Thank you girls sooooo MUCH!!!!

Wanted to share for those that may not be on Facebook.

She always looks wonderful to me but I admire her for speaking out to her product fans.

Trusted Contributor

I feel deep down she is honest , but i think the problem any of of the spokes people or creators have is than when (not if) if they age, everyone pics them apart saying , look she has dropping , wrinkles etc. no product can make us look like we are 20 yrs younger, but can hopefully look the best we can for our age, or maybe erase a few years. The younger spokes people we all say, well they are young of course they look like that.

Just my humble opinion.

I personally love they way her products feel on my skin. That is one thing to me that is very important. If something pills or just sits on top or smells bad, I don't use it. And yes I use other lines to, same rules apply, must not pil or smell bad.

I have people tell me I dont look my age, I think part is my skin, but also I act young , try to have a good attitude and am in pretty good shape. So there are many factors to the equation.

Have a great Day!!!!!

Respected Contributor
She looks stunning now! She looks like a different person to me. I am debating the TSV.
New Contributor
On 2/9/2015 iluvacop said: From what I recall, she had some re-shaping done to the nose area, and eyelids (fat around the eyelids). She said it always made her look tired. There was more, I just don't recall everything. It was more than a tune-up, that I do know from what I read!
Frequent Contributor
From what Dr. Denese had shared about her eye problems, it sounds just like what I suffer from. If an eye lift can make you look that much better and younger, I might have to get something done with mine.