Occasional Contributor

Joan Rivers Classic Trench TSV

Saw a picture in the Insider and interested in ordering but not sure about sizing. I'm 5'4", 130 lbs 34" bust. Thanks for any help...

Super Contributor

Re: Joan Rivers Classic Trench TSV

If memory serves me (it's been a while since I've ordered a JR clothing item), her sizing is less generous than other lines on the Q. I think it depends on how you want it to fit or what you predict you'll wear underneath it. For my personal taste, I don't like outerwear to be skin tight, so if it were me (I'm 5'2" 105-ish 34A), I'd size up to XS probably. Unless the chest measurements are huge like Basso's because I'm flat-chested, then I'd go with my regular XXS. Hope this helps.

Regular Contributor

I just chatted with customer service. They can provide chest measurements that may help you. I want all colors!! Oh, no!
Respected Contributor

I got one of her coats a number of years ago and had to return because I needed a petite size. The arms were maybe four inches too long and the scale of the coat was way off. I wish they'd make it with a slightly flared skirt, as this straight style does not look good on me. It's a beautiful coat, but it looked awful on me because of both the proportions and the cut.

Super Contributor

Anyone have the link to order? Thanks

Valued Contributor

I have several of her trench coats. I am 5'8" and normally wear a size 6. Her coats in small fit me perfectly. By the way, I get lots of compliments whenever I wear one!
Trusted Contributor

I'm your size, exactly, and I usually have my best luck when I order the small in everything.

I don't like my clothes tight fitting, especially outerwear.

There have been just a few occasions, when I thought I might be happier in a medium, but very, very few.

It seems that the mediums always seem much larger than the smalls. They tend to be cut a lot larger in the shoulder area, and then I just look bigger than I like to look, even though I might appreciate the roominess, if you know what I mean.

It's a hard decision, sometimes, but I tend to do best with smalls, and sometimes even an extra-small, but I wouldn't order that in this case.

Honored Contributor

....Use the size chart.
Honored Contributor

Just saw the trench coat in an email from QVC and it's a classic in some pretty colors. People sometimes mention her line runs a little small, so you might want to try a medium. By the way, I see Crystaltree is being incredibly helpful as usual.

Honored Contributor

On 2/1/2015 chrystaltree said: ....Use the size chart.

How kind of you. Your usual charming self. You are obviously miserable and unhappy, so why can't you just go away and sulk?