Respected Contributor

I received my LG Android TSV Tracfone today. That was quick. I called in and got my Pin# and it was quick and easy. Have a pen and paper ready as it is automated and if you miss a number or not sure you can have it repeated again.

I will let mine warm up from shipping and activate it probably tomorrow. I have the LG 840G and it looks small aside this one. I am sure I will be pleased. I got the gold case.

Honored Contributor

I wanted to order this phone but supposedly Verizon not available here. The coverage map shows it is. I know they have different carriers & ours is AT&T. From what I read online if I buy the phone it may or may not work for me. It's all up to AT&T if they will let the Verizon work for me. I checked the Tracfone site & they only have a couple of Android flip phones that work in my zip code. I don't want one of those ugly flip phones.

Respected Contributor

Sorry double post

Respected Contributor

I went online this morning and set-up my new LG phone. I called Tracfone this morning as it said there was a problem after doing so. The Rep. was very nice and said it was all set and what I did was correct. I am just to check my old phone and when that is no longer working to type in*22890 on the new phone and I should get a message that it is activated. I will check later today. About how long did it take you when yours was set-up? The phone looks like I will love it as it is very nice and easy to get around the screens.

I have always received good service from Tracfone if I had to call. They are very patient with any questions I may have.

Esteemed Contributor
On 1/31/2015 MKR NY said:

I went online this morning and set-up my new LG phone. I called Tracfone this morning as it said there was a problem after doing so. The Rep. was very nice and said it was all set and what I did was correct. I am just to check my old phone and when that is no longer working to type in*22890 on the new phone and I should get a message that it is activated. I will check later today. About how long did it take you when yours was set-up? The phone looks like I will love it as it is very nice and easy to get around the screens.

I have always received good service from Tracfone if I had to call. They are very patient with any questions I may have.

It's always happened for me within an hour. I got this phone back in October. It's a great phone

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Super Contributor

Hi - I have activated several tracfones and usually this stage took less than an hour.

But when I got the tsv back in October (same phone as yours - and I LOVE it!), my old phone didn't stop working for a long time so I called back CS and they fixed everything and I was up & running by the end of the call.

I'm posting to tell you not to wait too long to call CS if the activation doesn't kick in soon. Some customers complained they waited days and then their old numbers were gone Smiley Sad

Esteemed Contributor

It's a great phone ... had to get used to android, though. For the life of me I couldn't find my remaining minutes. Finally, called their customer service and learned I had to set up my Google account. I asked, "couldn't you just tell me how many minutes I have?" They sent me a text with the answer, LOL. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Respected Contributor

Namaste000 I did have to call and have Tracfone activate the pin as it wasn't coming through and also do some things on my previous Tracfone to get the 5575 minutes transferred. The Rep was very nice and it took about 15 minutes to complete. Now I have been adjusting settings, ringtones, and setting up my voicemail. I tried doing Bluetooth between the phones to transfer the contacts but even though they recognized each other never transferred. I will do them another day. If you are in one of the screens changing settings and can't find what you need-Hit the key on the bottom of the phone that looks like three lines on top of each other. This brings up a drop down that has choices on it. That is how I found how to permanently delete messages and phone calls after viewing them. Download the Tracfone My Account App to track your coverage left and days of service. My service date is now 1-3-2018

I love this now it is set-up. It was a fast set-up but I would call the next time to make it faster. Don't forget to punch in *222890 to activate it and then make a call from it to test it later. I now have 6763 minutes and 2650 text and 2649.9 data. I shut my data off and Wi-Fi is on.

My Account Downloader App that came on the phone doesn't work (the blue circle one) but I don't think it is anything I need with the Tracfone My Account App. Did anyone elses not work?

Occasional Contributor

I don't know anything about these phones. I only had the flip phone (don't laugh). Does the phone just connect to any Wi-Fi signal? I don't understand how this works. Is it easy to switch your number from another carrier?

Esteemed Contributor
On 2/1/2015 Niteghost said:

I don't know anything about these phones. I only had the flip phone (don't laugh). Does the phone just connect to any Wi-Fi signal? I don't understand how this works. Is it easy to switch your number from another carrier?

It will connect to any WiFi signal that you have access too. I use mine on WiFi at home. When I go to Walmart and Kohls, it connects automatically to their WiFi when I open the Kohls or Walmart App I downloaded. Any WiFi that's open or you have a password to, you can use. If you need the net and can't access a WiFi, you can turn on the Data that comes with the phone (1200mgs) and use that.

How easy it is to switch the number from one carrier to another depends on how fast that carrier gives it up. Usually, I think, takes a couple of business days.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines