Contributor

Tracfone minutes WILL NOT transfer over if you don't own an android phone

I own a Tracfone and just called Tracfone to be sure that my 800+ minutes would transfer over to the new LG phone. The customer service rep informed me that the minutes WILL NOT transfer to the new phone since my phone is not an android. I hope this information helps others. I would be very disappointed if I purchased the new phone and lost my 800+ minutes. I wonder why QVC is advertising that they can be transferred.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Tracfone minutes WILL NOT transfer over if you don't own an android phone

I transferred my minutes and service days from and LG840g to this phone in 11/2014 with no problems at all. The 840G is not an Android..

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Respected Contributor

I just have an old tracfone and haven't called them in a long time but when I did I could call again and get a different or better answer.

Contributor

I guess I should call back. I would hate to lose those minutes and don't feel comfortable getting conflicting answers. I have an LG phone, but it's not an android. Not sure what I should do.

Honored Contributor

When I got my android Samsung Centura my minutes transferred over and I had 1400. I think they only were able to transfer 1200 though. I got that amount in talk and text and also internet minutes.

Valued Contributor

I transferred about 1800 minutes from the world's oldest working Nokia 1100 (about as dumb as a phone can get) to the LG Optimus Dynamic II android (E226449) back before Christmas. Maybe they meant you could not go from an android to a non-android?

Contributor

My sister and I got the last LG Tracfone TSV in December. I was able to transfer all the minutes ( we both had over 3000 minutes on the old Tracfones) to the new phones. My sister's phone was an old Nokio, really not a smart phone and mine was only a few years old ( traded up from the old Nokio and transferred the minutes). After activating the phones and entering the Air time PIN number, I saw the balance did not reflect what it should have been with the 1200 minutes added. I called their customer service and explained the situation and spent almost an hour on the phone, while they did the calculations, I did get all the time I should have had and the balance reflects that. One added note, if you do need to call the Tracfone customer service, just have your old phone handy, they'll ask you to type in some numbers while they help you.

Honored Contributor

On 1/28/2015 RinaQ said:

I guess I should call back. I would hate to lose those minutes and don't feel comfortable getting conflicting answers. I have an LG phone, but it's not an android. Not sure what I should do.

Yes, they will transfer over and, as they've already explained in the demos today: if you have (for example) 100 minutes on your current Tracfone, they will transfer as 100 minutes, 100 text and 100 Mb data. They have covered this topic on air today. Your current days of service will also transfer.

I upgraded from the (non-Android) LG 840g to the (android) LG Optimus Dynamic with no problem at all. Did it online. (My DH and I both had over 4000 minutes and we got the same amount in all three categories.)

I then upgraded from the Optimus to this current phone, the LG Ultimate II. Again, no problem at all.

I can only think the CS rep you spoke to didn't understand what you were asking.

Frequent Contributor

Last year when I transferred to the new LG smart phone over 3,000 minutes from my old regular phone turned into 3000 text minutes and 3000 data - just did it for my husband with the last TSV. He had just an old phone and all of his minutes tripled too. Maybe you got someone that didn't know what they were doing.

Respected Contributor

On 1/28/2015 Venezia said:
On 1/28/2015 RinaQ said:

Yes, they will transfer over and, as they've already explained in the demos today: if you have (for example) 100 minutes on your current Tracfone, they will transfer as 100 minutes, 100 text and 100 Mb data. They have covered this topic on air today. Your current days of service will also transfer.

I upgraded from the (non-Android) LG 840g to the (android) LG Optimus Dynamic with no problem at all. Did it online. (My DH and I both had over 4000 minutes and we got the same amount in all three categories.)

I then upgraded from the Optimus to this current phone, the LG Ultimate II. Again, no problem at all.

I can only think the CS rep you spoke to didn't understand what you were asking.

What Venezia said is correct. Your phone number and minutes will transfer easily from a non-android Tracfone to an android Tracfone. I think the CS rep misunderstood you.

However, if you have a Tracfone Android and want to transfer back to a non-Android phone, you can transfer your phone number but will lose all your minutes. I don't know why Tracfone doesn't make this information more readily available to people. This information is stated over and over again on the Tracfone Facebook page.