Occasional Contributor

BE SURE TO READ: I COPIED THIS FROM GOOGLE.

<h3 style="background-image: none; margin: 0.3em 0px 0px; overflow: hidden; padding-top: 0.5em; padding-bottom: 0px; border-bottom-style: none; line-height: 1.6; font-family: sans-serif;"> THIS IS IN SOUTH AFRICA, BUT WOULDN'T IT ALSO BE FOUND HERE?</h3> <h3 style="background-image: none; margin: 0.3em 0px 0px; overflow: hidden; padding-top: 0.5em; padding-bottom: 0px; border-bottom-style: none; line-height: 1.6; font-family: sans-serif;">
</h3> <h3 style="background-image: none; margin: 0.3em 0px 0px; overflow: hidden; padding-top: 0.5em; padding-bottom: 0px; border-bottom-style: none; line-height: 1.6; font-family: sans-serif;"> Ecology[edit]</h3>

Leaves are eaten by tortoises. Puff adders and other snakes, such as the Cape cobra, are often found in Carpobrotusclumps, where they ambush the small rodents attracted by the fruits. Flowers are pollinated by solitary bees, honey bees, carpenter bees, and many beetle species. Flowers are eaten by antelopes and baboons. The clumps provide shelter for snails, lizards, and skinks. Fruits are eaten by baboons, rodents, porcupines, antelopes, and people, who also disperse the seeds.[2]

Honored Contributor

Re: BE SURE TO READ: I COPIED THIS FROM GOOGLE.

??????

What is the purpose of this ..... and how does this relate to the TSV??

Honored Contributor

Carpobrotus is known as Ice Plants..which is the TSV today. I think the OP is trying to warn potential purchasers which critters like it and may be attracted to it.

I'm not too worried about Cobras and Baboons...

Esteemed Contributor

Cobras or baboons are not an issue, but rodents are.
Honored Contributor

Not a single item in that list that would keep me from buying. Might even be fun to see an antelope in my own backyard!

Occasional Contributor

I'm sorry. It refers to Ice Plant.

Honored Contributor

On 1/20/2015 MFitz said: Cobras or baboons are not an issue, but rodents are.

I was only joking!!

Any time rodents (including moles and voles) are an issue, I would welcome the snakes. Esp. since in my neck of the woods, they are harmless (non-poisonous). We had 2 larger snakes living in our backyard last summer. Keeps everything in checks and balances! Although I was a little mad when I caught him with my favorite bullfrog coming out of his mouth!