Esteemed Contributor
I was tempted to purchase the TSV to use as a row against my back yard fence until I looked up the plant. My search showed it was a serious invasive plant causing ecological problems and can only be removed with a tractor. It also serves for food for mice, rodents and rats. I'm going to pass.
Super Contributor

Ewww, thank`s for the heads up, I was gong to order. Just finally got rid of my invasive plants.

Super Contributor

This plant is recommended as a ground cover in fire-prone areas, such as the foothills in California. It's a succulent so it holds water and doesn't dry out as grasses do.

Respected Contributor

If you like it, you should do the research before buying it. I did ....It doesn't sound that bad.

I highly doubt that it would be allowed to be sold in this county if it was a problem plant.

"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy
Esteemed Contributor
The word ""invasive"" is enough for me to pass. If you ever had invasive ground cover you know it is almost impossible to get rid of. I have invasive ground cover the previous owner planted and I have been working on removing it for years with no success. I also don't want rodents or snakes in my garden.
Honored Contributor

Well, I purchased similar ice plants last year from Roberta's and they were far from invasive. Most of them just didn't do well at all. They required more care (watering, weeding) and were much more fragile than I had gathered from the on-air presentations. I think I had 8 of them and by the end of the season, 6 had pretty much died (some in containers, some in the ground). The two that were left were in-ground and ended up freezing in November when we had a cold spell. Plus, the flowers were not near as large as the samples they show on TV, and yes, I did fertilize them per the directions. Also, out of the 8 plants, only about three were actually healthy when I received them. It was my first order from Roberta's, and probably my last.

Respected Contributor

You have to know what will/will not grow in your area. The only thing I've ever found to be invasive in my area is perennial sweet peas.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor
Invasive? You'd be lucky to have it live the first 3 months after it's planted. The most invasive plant I've run across is trumpet vine. It has beautiful blooms and is very popular for high fences, but it's impossible to get rid of. Suckers will travel 30 ft underground and will come up to start more plants. If it can find a tiny crack, it will even go indoors.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment