Occasional Contributor

So many damaged Kitchenaid TSV stand mixers.

Seemed like there were so many of the Kitchenaid stand mixers received damaged. I was on waitlist and finally got mine. It had a giant dent in the base and the paint was chipped off. Wondering if previous damaged ones were reshipped to those of us on waitlist, or they were seconds to start with. I also wrote a review describing the damaged mixer, but mysteriously, the review never made it to the reviews posted. I read many reviews where people said they were received damaged or had motor issues, yet the overall rating is still 4+. Were the bad reviews kept off to keep the rating high? Really wanted this mixer, but will think very hard before reordering another one from QVC.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: So many damaged Kitchenaid TSV stand mixers.

I rarely order anything on waitlist, because you get returns. Been there, done that.

If I really want something, I might waitlist and see if I can't get a cancellation. I figure if that doesn't happen in the first 48 hours, I'll get a return and just go ahead and cancel.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Honored Contributor

Why on earth order it from here when every store out there sells them???!!

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

I can definitely understand ordering something that heavy on line and having it delivered to your door, rather than trying to carry it around a store to your car, etc.

Trusted Contributor

That's a shame. KA should not compromise their standards to supply QVC with inferior products. Just to make a quick buck.

Honored Contributor

Did you order from the as-is section?

Honored Contributor

On 1/6/2015 Krimpette said:

I can definitely understand ordering something that heavy on line and having it delivered to your door, rather than trying to carry it around a store to your car, etc.

You hit on the main reason I order much of anything on line. I personally could not carry a mixer from my car across the parking lot into my home.

No idea why OP got a damaged unit. And the only thing I quarrel with is her "so many" statement. I think there is a very small percentage of bad deliveries, and we all should know by now that dissatisfied customers post more often than satisfied.

That's been true for ages now. Years ago when NY state required non-Regents kids to write a complaint letter to satisfy graduation requirements, the statistics were quite divergent. Many more pans than pats on the back. Just the way we are.

Honored Contributor

On 1/6/2015 ID2 said:

Why on earth order it from here when every store out there sells them???!!

QVC always has way more choices in colors (most of them exclusive to Q), and the pack up with extras is more than you will find in the store or online even with the company itself. You always get more for your money with Kitchen Aid on Q that you will at any other retailer when they are doing a TSV.

Honored Contributor

If you'll read the guidelines for reviews, you'll find they're not interested in hearing about customer service or shipping issues. They want an objective review of how the item, in good condition, performs.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

On 1/6/2015 Kachina624 said: If you'll read the guidelines for reviews, you'll find they're not interested in hearing about customer service or shipping issues. They want an objective review of how the item, in good condition, performs.

I've seen plenty of reviews that mentioned damaged or items that did not work at all or for very long.