Respected Contributor
I have been watching and ordered the blue one. I want to use it in whatever room I am in for my exercise DVDs. I left a few questions on the Craig Blog for the Electronic host demonstrating it. It doesn't show well for the colors etc. as they said the studio lights don't show the nice clear screen but it is. I also asked about the formats it plays as it only shows two. I like the idea of the USB and SD card slot for versatility. Just looking for any opinions on this. Thanks and Happy Holidays to all forums here. I get and post information and hopefully have helped some of you as you have me. Smiley Happy
Esteemed Contributor

Did you look at the Q and A....just under the product on the site...

I was going to purchase three of them for my Grands....but there is no car charger....the battery is only three hours....and there is no strap to hook it on the back of the car seats for watching....there were more negatives ..too many for me to purchase.....

Also said that its better to use the ear buds then listen to it without...

I bought the smaller screen Craig DVD player and the sound was horrible as was the screen picture....so I sent it back....the reviews said it was bad...but I took a chance...mistake on my part....

Respected Contributor
I did read all the Q and A and was on the fence about it. I went ahead and cancelled it. I will watch more presentations and if I want I can always reorder. I always can bring my laptop out in the living room and save the money. I do like the SD slot and USB slot though. Thanks for the input. I may wait and get a RCA or more known brand later.
Super Contributor

I'm on the fence also. We are taking a long road trip the day after Christmas and was going to get 2 (one for my sons to share and one for my daughter) because it's too costly to stream data on our ipads. But if the picture and sound are if-y, I'm not sure I want to invest, either. I do own [what I call] "a brick" (portable charging unit), so the 3 hour limit wasn't an issue for me and I was glad they clearly stated this, but still. I'm undecided.

Respected Contributor
I decided to go ahead and buy it. I didn't find a better deal or any great reviews on any other brand. The resolution is the best I found on any. Most do not have a great color selection as this either. There is a good return policy so I am not worried if it wasn't what I needed. I will review it when I get it but the price will go up if any are left. It is cheaper to ship back than pay a higher price if purchased later. Good luck with you decision.
Super Contributor

I was thinking about that, too - the return policy. I usually do not like to use and then return, unless there's a defect, but in this case, I will probably order. I'm thinking the road trip will be a good test to see if it's passable for what I want it for, which is just those times when the kids want to watch different things and this way the whole car doesn't have to listen to whatever is playing. We often take little weekend jaunts where this could come in handy.

ETA: Do you think the red is ok for the boys? The unit is fine, but I wonder about the case pattern lol

Respected Contributor
Black is probably best for a boy but red would be good also as you can always buy another case for it. Cases are real cheap on eBay and lots of choices of them. Glad you are going to try them. They may be one of the best thing you bought for ""you"" as the kids will be quiet. Ha! Happy Holidays.
Trusted Contributor

For $94.99 - (Amazon Prime) this might be an option http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008S08HJ0/ref=as_li_ss_tl?tag=scale-t-4-ag-3-20

dvd; portable dvd; 10 inch dvd player; best portable dvd player; large size dvd player; car dvd play
Sylvania 10-Inch Swivel Screen Portable DVD 5 Hour Rechargeable Battery, Swivel Screen, with USB/SD Card Reader and Car Bag/Mounting Kit
The Sylvania SDVD1048 - 10 inch Portable DVD Player makes it easy to enjoy your favorite DVD movies on the go. The progressive scan DVD player is compatible with a wide range of disc formats, and movies come to life on the large 10-inch widescreen swiveling display which boasts a 16:9 aspect ratio. There is a stereo audio output for the included earphones, that works with any standard 3.5mm headphones, as well as built-in dual speakers. An AV output lets you connect the player to a larger external display. Attach this unit to the back seat of a car with the included car counting kit. Also included is a carrying bag as well as an AC adapter, DC car adapter, remote control, and 2 ear phones. Inside the box is a earphone splitter so 2 people can enjoy the sound. Not only will this unit play all your DVDs and music CDs... you can play all your digital entertainment on this via the included built in USB and SD Card Reader. This unit has it all - and with the large 10 Inch screen and 5 hour battery it will keep the little (or big) ones entertained for hours!

Includes both Home and Car power adapters, take it wherever you go.

Play/Pause/Stop/Repeat/Zoom/Fast Forward/Backward/Volume - control at your finger tips.

• 5 Hour extended battery life
  • Compatible with DVD, DVD-/+R, DVD-/+RW, CD-R, CD-WR, MP3, JPEG
  • Built-in card reader: SD/MMC/USB
  • Includes 2 sets of earphones, earphone splitter, travel bag with car headrest strap, AC and car adapter, remote control, user manual
Super Contributor
On 12/17/2014 MKR NY said: Black is probably best for a boy but red would be good also as you can always buy another case for it. Cases are real cheap on eBay and lots of choices of them. Glad you are going to try them. They may be one of the best thing you bought for "you" as the kids will be quiet. Ha! Happy Holidays.

I'm thinking black also. Does this unit have a USB (the TSV)?

I like the one posted above also, btw.

Esteemed Contributor

the one Vickie posted sounds so much nicer then the TSV....has so many more things included...especially being able to charge it in the car....

for about 15.00 dollars more...and most likely free shipping....a better deal...