Occasional Contributor

Dell TSV E-226576 Intel Core i5 8GB RAM 1TB HD

Will Dell every offer a laptop with a backlit keyboard?

Super Contributor

Re: Dell TSV E-226576 Intel Core i5 8GB RAM 1TB HD

Probably not. Apple does on their MacBook comouters.
Occasional Contributor

I've been wanting a Dell and can build one on their site with a backlit keyboard for about $30-$49.

QVC has such great bundles!

I actually ordered a Dell from QVC this time last year - an Intel i7 8GB 1 TB. - But I really need a backlit keyboard. So I returned it. It was fully loaded - disappointed that I had to return it.

Was hoping QVC would eventually have one.

New Contributor

I don't know what the Microsoft Office 365 offers. Can you tell me why I might want it?

Valued Contributor

please never buy a dell they are junk. I have a dell for over a year and the software keeps cashing. the customer service cannot fix it. they keep calling me back when you call them they can never answer your question. do not buy.

Regular Contributor

Personally, I think this brand is slow.
Honored Contributor

This school HP is the best laptop ever. I will need to buy a new one just like it. I will list the specs here if anybody wants them. This little thing powers my Promethean Board and its wonderful software... AND takes care of all of my DROPBOX, opens docs, lets me keep many tabs open and you name it... fast as lightening. I will try to get the same specs when I retire in a week...

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Occasional Contributor

On 12/13/2014 sheep12 said:

please never buy a dell they are junk. I have a dell for over a year and the software keeps cashing. the customer service cannot fix it. they keep calling me back when you call them they can never answer your question. do not buy.

They are not junk; maybe you got a lemon. It happens from time to time no matter what you buy. I'm a physician with a large practice and that's all we've ever had. Look around; most health care centers, hospitals, and medical schools have Dells that are run on a network. There's a reason for that...one of the few that can run the complex health care software with ease and with few problems.

Respected Contributor

Right now I'm working on a Dell which I purchased in 2011 w/Windows 7. I've always had Dells except for my iPad and a Toshiba. They've been very reliable. This model is humming along as well as it did- or even better than when first purchased.

Making a broad-stroke statement that Dell is horrible simply isn't true. I agree, you probably got a lemon.

Edit- not to misquote you.. you said Dell is junk, not horrible.. but all the same. LOL

Extra Edit- Forgot to mention it has a back lit keyboard. Once you've worked with one that has that feature, for most (for me anyway) it's impossible to settle for one without.

Respected Contributor

On 12/13/2014 lovestoteach said:

This school HP is the best laptop ever. I will need to buy a new one just like it. I will list the specs here if anybody wants them. This little thing powers my Promethean Board and its wonderful software... AND takes care of all of my DROPBOX, opens docs, lets me keep many tabs open and you name it... fast as lightening. I will try to get the same specs when I retire in a week...

lovestoteach- While I love Dells, I'd very much appreciate you posting the model of HP you're referring to. I always need extra laptops for my business.

TIA! {#emotions_dlg.wub}