New Contributor
I love how beautiful this set looks on the girls. I wanted to give it a try, but as a vegan, I had to make sure that it was vegan AND cruelty free. I looked it up online and was so excited to find out that it was both!! That is so important to me!!!! I would rather go without makeup than use products that test on animals or use animal products in their cosmetics. So, a big THANK YOU Laura Geller for doing it right! Also, please, please, please use this information as a selling point when going over the benefits of these products. I don't know why companies don't advertise they are vegan and cruelty free when they are. It's a HUGE selling point to me and many others. I always have to look it up myself. Be proud that you are a vegan and cruelty free company!!!
Esteemed Contributor

you are soooo right

Esteemed Contributor

Wow, that would be a HUGE selling point for me. I constantly try to use those kind of products,but must admit I don't always. Do you know if all the Geller products are vegan and cruelty free?

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Super Contributor

The mascara has Cera Alba Wax (Beeswax) in it. I don't think that is vegan.

Beeswax (aka cera alba, cera lava)

This is the wax from a bee’s hive. Bees must consume six or more pounds of honey in order to create one pound of wax. It is created by either being secreted by worker honeybees from four pairs of glands on the underside of their abdomens, or by secreting droplets of wax called “scales.” It can be found in many forms of makeup, from eye shadow to foundation to lipstick

New Contributor
I am vegan, but I do use honey. Personally, I am okay with using honey and beeswax, but you have to decide that for yourself. I have not gone through each and every one of laura gellers product ingredient label, but her company's products were raved about on many vegan forums and blogs I read when researching online. I read that her company is cruelty free. It's not about perfection, it's about intention and my intention is to reduce the suffering of animals.
Esteemed Contributor

Typical vegan hypocrisy. I only eat this, except...., I only use this except...., I only wear this except......Its a bunch of beeswax.

Respected Contributor
On 12/13/2014 Johnnyeager said:

Typical vegan hypocrisy. I only eat this, except...., I only use this except...., I only wear this except......Its a bunch of beeswax.

In this case I agree. Honey/beeswax is high on my vegan friend's list of no nos.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
New Contributor
I don't know why I'm being labeled a hypocrite because i use honey. Sorry I tried to bring it to other people's attention that Laura Gellers company is cruelty free. I guess I'm not a Christian either because I sin. Give me a break! Again, I'll say, it's not about perfection, it's about intention and my intention is to lessen the suffering of animals.
Respected Contributor
On 12/13/2014 cooteriffic said: I don't know why I'm being labeled a hypocrite because i use honey. Sorry I tried to bring it to other people's attention that Laura Gellers company is cruelty free. I guess I'm not a Christian either because I sin. Give me a break! Again, I'll say, it's not about perfection, it's about intention and my intention is to lessen the suffering of animals.

Not even a good comparison. I'm pretty sure most Christians have sinned.

Call yourself a vegetarian, real vegans do not eat honey, nor do they use products with beeswax in them. Taking honey from a beehive severely impacts the hive, vegans would consider this suffering for the bees. And they are detrimental for pollinating.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Super Contributor
On 12/13/2014 cooteriffic said: I don't know why I'm being labeled a hypocrite because i use honey. Sorry I tried to bring it to other people's attention that Laura Gellers company is cruelty free. I guess I'm not a Christian either because I sin. Give me a break! Again, I'll say, it's not about perfection, it's about intention and my intention is to lessen the suffering of animals.

Your post asserted that this brand is both cruelty free and vegan. This is misinformation, and by rights, it should be pointed out. I, personally, am not calling you a hypocrite. But I think your OP should be amended to present the correct info regarding this brand.