Occasional Contributor

Nutri Ninja - What am I doing wrong?

I bought this item because I wanted something more compact than my Vita-Mix. Here's my problem...it is so much louder than my VM, which I could deal with IF it actually made the juice/smoothies smooth and not grainy. I made a green veggie drink, followed the directions to the letter and blended, and blended, and blended...actually twice as long and still not the smoothish consistency as demonstrated on the Q. Did anyone have this issue? Were you able to figure out how to make the juice as smooth as shown on air? All suggestions and help is very appreciated. I really would like to keep this, since it is so convenient. Thanks
Regular Contributor

Re: Nutri Ninja - What am I doing wrong?

I have a Vitamix and I have a Ninja. I use the Ninja for crushing ice for Snowcones and Slushies for my grandchildren. If you watch the video closely, when the lid is opened, the smoothies are more grainy than the Vitamix.

Occasional Contributor

Thanks Breea. I hadn't noticed the graininess. I remember the 'challenge' when they poured it through a strainer. During that presentation, it looked smooth, not grainy. Guess I will need to return it...since my VM, although bigger, will have to do. I really don't want a veggie non-smoothie. Maybe will need to invest in a juicer after all. Thanks again. At least I know I hadn't done it incorrectly. Smiley Happy
Esteemed Contributor

My Nutri Ninja works. It is working better than my Vitamix did( I returned it).

The Vitamix was like having a lawn mower on the kitchen counter.

To make a single smoothie in it was a major project, a mess and had to add to much water.

You may to to rest your hand and then pulse it longer to get the result you want also make sure you have the cap on correctly.