Contributor

Hello! Can anyone tell me the difference in the Neat Scanner as opposed to other similar scanners, as far as why this one is better at a higher price point?

Thank you!
Lisa

Super Contributor

Yes--- they also sell one for $500.00..... I would like to know where the average person would by the TS over the $500 model.

Honored Contributor

I don't really understand why I'd buy a scanner at all when my printer scans. I assume this one does something mine doesn't (guilty of not watching even a minute of presentation), but I have so little space that every foot counts.

Will I really get rid of more paper clutter better with a separate scanner at either 299 or 500?

Valued Contributor

I'm guessing it is something a small business would buy....but those people probably don't shop at QVC.......

Super Contributor
The software that comes with the scanner would make it better and easier to use than a regular scanner on your printer. I purchased it for my husband who is a contractor with his own business. I am so sick of receipts everywhere. I think I am more excited about it than he will be when he opens it lol.
Super Contributor
On 12/8/2014 millieshops said:

I don't really understand why I'd buy a scanner at all when my printer scans. I assume this one does something mine doesn't (guilty of not watching even a minute of presentation), but I have so little space that every foot counts.

Will I really get rid of more paper clutter better with a separate scanner at either 299 or 500?

Your printer just makes a picture of the page, the Neat Scanner makes a picture, but then digitizes the information, sorts it into categories and makes the information searchable.

Maybe watching a presentation would answer your questions.

Occasional Contributor
neat is good for filing they don't cover how to save as a database on the computer because if you save to external drive and computer crashers if it's not saved as a database you can not open files I know this from experience had neat for years so read all the information it is a good program
Super Contributor

You still have to set up folders and name them, and then make sure you put the scanned items into the correct folders.

You could do this with your own scanner, and it would be faster without the terrible software.

Super Contributor

I don't get the need for this. I have a printer-scanner that will scan to a file that I can search and ... a scanned copy of a legal document is not acceptable. It absolutely has to be original.

Esteemed Contributor

QVCJH....I was just going to say that a copy of a receipt is not acceptable for mail ins or bringing back to a store...didn't even think about legal documents....glad you made that clear to us....

So...now I wonder what good is this scanner if you still can't throw away all those items we scanned into it....