Super Contributor

Waiting for my SG tsv coat, now I'm bummed out.

I ordered a medium now I here it runs small, I guess I'll be sending it back.. I'm bummed out and I don't have the coat yet.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Waiting for my SG tsv coat, now I'm bummed out.

maybe you will be lucky and it will fit you perfectly......I didn't purchase the coat...didn't need one....so I can't give you my assessment to fit....just know in the past things that others found too big or too small was not always how the fit was on me....

keep your fingers crossed and good luck....

Super Contributor

Thank you for your encouraging words
Valued Contributor

If it's a wrong size, you can always exchange for a different size. The price will stay the same. Unfortunately, you'll have to wait forever until you get your replacement. I had to do it a few times.

Valued Contributor

And it's true about the sizes. I bought a few Isaac's coats and they were fine, but some ladies complained about the sizing.

Esteemed Contributor

I love mine. Did order up. But, it is roomy. Did not return to size down, 'cause I like roomy coats for layering. Sizing???? I've got an Isaac parka in a xs, usually get a sm if spring/summer outerwear and med in fall/winter. This one I ordered a Lge and it's just right in the shoulders with something bulky under it. I have my weight thru y core and broad shoulders. Hope this helps you determine your sizing.

Esteemed Contributor

On 12/3/2014 tough_kitty said:

If it's a wrong size, you can always exchange for a different size. The price will stay the same. Unfortunately, you'll have to wait forever until you get your replacement. I had to do it a few times.

True, as long as the color and size is in stock. A few of the coats are on waitlist only (although I assume one could call customer service to be put on waitlist at the TSV price. I've never done so myself; I could be incorrect.)
Super Contributor

The coat came this evening, it fits perfect if I only wear a long sleeved tee shirt. I live in a cold state and will have to wear a sweater under it, so I'll have to send it back and wait for the other one to arrive. I can see that the zipper could be better. If any one has had to sent it back for one size larger did you feel it was too big?
Contributor

I have been wearing my coat with a heavy sweater or a quilted vest under it for the past few days. I ordered my normal size and the fit is perfect. Good luck with yours!
Esteemed Contributor

On 12/4/2014 little daisy said: The coat came this evening, it fits perfect if I only wear a long sleeved tee shirt. I live in a cold state and will have to wear a sweater under it, so I'll have to send it back and wait for the other one to arrive. I can see that the zipper could be better. If any one has had to sent it back for one size larger did you feel it was too big?

I ordered up to a L because I read a reply under Q&A that last yr's fit tightly in shoulders and chest. It's roomy - tried it on while wearing a man's oversized thick sweatshirt and a regular sweatshirt 'cause that's how I dress when I shovel. It fits perfectly in the shoulders and although roomy in the front, still looks nice (i.e., I don't look like the Michelin Man). Sizing with me varies: I have an Isaac parka that's xs and EB short puffer in M. I usually get a sm in blazers. Sizes are meaningless to me since they all vary soooooo much. But to ans your ques., it won't look bad if you size up unless you like the snug-fitting look (like LR).