Contributor

ANOTHER KEURIG TSV on DEC 10

Keurig must be selling a boatload of coffee pots on QVC. Despite the 'best offer ever; recently and the current K40 being on multiple times a day, theres another Keurig on the horizon for Dec 10 so wonder if any of the customers who get advanced notices of TSV know what model this will be and what the price and offer is.

I hesitate about the new Keurigs because the 2.0 don't let you use your own coffee or use any 3rd party of generic kcup styles. You are forced to use their own KCUPS and honestly the cost per serving is very expensive. Unless you're having a dinner party or have a household where everyone wants to drink something different, I don't see how this works financially. Ive seen Kcups of 10-12 servings for $9 where you can buy a premium ground coffee bag that gives you a lot more servings for the same price or lower. (Ive gotten Starbucks bags for $8)

I have a cheap Mr Coffee and if I want to make only one serving, I just put less water in it. I never have a problem with quality or waste. The M KCup they used to offer was a selling point they used to promote, but now they say thats a negative because they can't guarantee the quality. It just seems buying this will end up costing a lot more in the long run. just wondering if the new TSV will be a lower end, smaller unit, and whether it will be the new versions that limit your options. It could be an older unit they're trying to clear out.

Of course, they push things like Green Mountain Coffee since thats the company that owns Keurig so its a profit machine. (I guess its cheaper than paying $4 at a Starbucks if thats how you drink your coffee)

Honored Contributor

Re: ANOTHER KEURIG TSV on DEC 10

Lots of the new machines are not 2.0, but I have no idea what the TSV will be.

I do agree with OP that there's no financial saving to using a Keurig. I use mine for its convenience, not because it saves me money, and I rarely use it for my morning coffee - just for a single cup now and then.

I save money all kinds of ways, so it's not something I'm averse to doing. I just don't spend a whole lot of time worrying about what is for me a very small luxury compared to other things I could be spending my money on.

Valued Contributor

It all depends on what you compare the expense to. I used to buy coffee at a coffee shop every day (not Starbucks) and it was too expensive so I switched to a Keurig machine with Vue cups to save some $$$. I love the coffee and the ease of use. I drink only one cup per day so it works for me.
Valued Contributor

If you were to do a little research (even on the Q boards), you'll see the "keurig 2.0 hack" and the ways to go around the new kcup limitation. so if that's the only reason why you wouldn't like it then i'd suggest looking that up. the 2.0 has been getting awful reviews due to the machine just breaking down on it's own. i have an older platinum and have never had a problem so their must be something up with the new technology in the 2.0 that makes it break.

the dec tsv is the k10 w/ 36 kcups and under $70.

Occasional Contributor

K41627 at 69.96 or 3 flex comes in colors with 36 cups. I am buying my second one in white for the breakfast station for my future kitchen remodel. The coffee is superior to the identical bagged version for mass market brands. I have compared the Starbucks Italian Roast which tasted just like from Stars using the Kcup and Caribou med house blend with the same results. The kcup version superior. I also like the simple operation of the K10. No extra buttons or menus to scroll through. You control everything through the pour you choose. I was buying the cups, emptying them into my cone filter and using them for a manual pour before I bought the K10. Excellent results as well. I also like that the water chamber empties manually via gravity when you trip the lever holding the trap door shut. No water collecting in tubes growing stuff and no need for descaling for the most part. The k40 at work started growing green stuff (we use it daily) in the water container since it never completely empties out. I prefer this smaller size footprint as well as less to break or go wrong. If I buy beans from the coffee house down the street which small batch roasts daily and accepts special roast orders then I use the pour over method ie. Chemex etc. You can browse on the coffee caps website to look at the various aftermarket kcup alternatives for using your own coffee. They sell capsules, pods ets for all the major single serve brewers for DIYers. Happy shopping.
Super Contributor

Thanks for posting zivathediva! I'm ordering this! I'm not a coffee drinker, but hubby is. We have an "old faithful" Mr. Coffee at home, which I set up for him every morning to take to work, but he often (almost daily) works late in the office and I know that 4 cups he brews in the morning must be nasty by say, 7 or 8 p.m. I'm getting him this minimal option version because it's simplest to use, [as you mentioned] has less opportunity for things to break down or get gross, it takes up little space in his office, and in the afternoon/evening when he needs the boost, he can pop in a Kcup and have a serving. I'm SO excited to order this for him!

ETA: I just tried the item# posted and it says "sorry - sold out". I guess I'll just have to wait. Grrrrr.

Not applicable

Most likely K41628.
Super Contributor

On 12/2/2014 a Customer said: Most likely K41628.

Thank you, this is it! I'm ordering right now for hubby's Christmas gift (for the office) - he will be so surprised! Thanks again!

Contributor

ugh I am so over the Keurig. It's way to inconvient and expensive to keep. I've been trying to give mine away for months.

Valued Contributor

I bought one at Kohl's for $52.00 (online including taxes and shipping and points towards their new rewards program) but it only comes with 6 k-cups. We don't drink coffee but we do drink tea and hot chocolate so I bought this for my daughter. She has special needs so she will be thrilled with it. This TSV has too many coffee k cups for us plus if you add shipping (always so expensive) and tax; it will be about $33 more than my deal at Kohls'.