Regular Contributor

Calista TSV (sorry another disccussion)

Last year I bought the Calista TSV when the long roller were introduced and I returned them.. The reason for my return was that it took 2 claw clips per roller to hold it in place and I really did not get any better or longer lasting curl than the other hot rollers I have..

My questions (if anyone can help) are..

Do you feel the longer claw clips will hold the rollers in better and in turn produce a longer lasting curl?

Is the new technology different than last years? (i.e, heat adjustment, the ION technology, etc.)

Can the rollers be intermingled without buying a different base? (buy the long and add the short or body rollers)

My hair is 2" above my waist (also color-treated), so I do know unless I sleep in rollers I won't get CURL, but will settle for a curl that lasts longer than 1 hour and controls those little frizzies..

I have used hot rollers forever and I do know how to use them. Just not sure this "new technology" is worth giving Calista another try.

Thank you all for your expertise...

Trusted Contributor

Re: Calista TSV (sorry another disccussion)

ALERT!!!!!! AMAZON HAS THE HOT ROLLERS FOR 24.97 AND FREE 2 DAY SHIPPING!!!!!!

Valued Contributor

I watched the first presentation and they said they will be offering more rollers separately in December and yes, they are interchangeable. Don't know answers to your other questions but I'm curious as well.
Regular Contributor

Thank you very much Calcgirl. I just could justify spending over $100.00 for hot roller.

Trusted Contributor

I have seen similar sets at Sally Beauty for around $25.

Regular Contributor

Thank you everyone..

I looked at Amazon and these are the same rollers offered for last years TSV, that I purchased (and returned).. They do not have the "new technology" (as stated in the on air presentation) and they do not have the longer clips for the longer rollers..