Regular Contributor

Does anyone know what this TSV is supposed to be about? My vacuum cleaner just broke {#emotions_dlg.crying}and I was trying to decide if it is worth it to go with a Dyson vac or get one of the Shark ones.

Trusted Contributor

Get a Shark. I have the Shark Navigator Lift-away and I absolutely love it!!! Much better than the two Dysons that I had before it. Wasn't crazy about some of the accessories that were included, but the vacuum itself is great!

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the information about the TSV. Much appreciated!

I was looking at that particular Shark vacuum. It seems to have a lot of positive reviews.

Esteemed Contributor

I have a Dyson upright and a Hoover Windtunnel. I love the Hoover and got it at HSN. I really prefer it to the Dyson model I have.

Regular Contributor

Mine was a Eureka, which I really liked and which did a very good job but the plastic latch bits just cracked off the canister where the top portion joins the dust collector section. I don't see those parts offered on the company website, and probably replacing it (if they actually sell the parts) would cost close to half the price of the vacuum anyway. It's out of warranty, too.

Esteemed Contributor

Time to buy a new one! You can get a great deal I am sure on a Dyson, Hoover or Shark. I actually enjoy vacuuming with the bagless models. Looking at the stuff I collected in the bin is amazing.

Regular Contributor

Yes, bagless vacuums are so much better than having to go through the whole bag-changing routine.

That Eureka was a good one because I could vacuum up the dead pine needles on the floor after taking out the Christmas tree and it never clogged up. For me, that's my litmus test regarding how well a vacuum works.{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Honored Contributor
On 10/31/2014 Mayfayre said:

Yes, bagless vacuums are so much better than having to go through the whole bag-changing routine.

That Eureka was a good one because I could vacuum up the dead pine needles on the floor after taking out the Christmas tree and it never clogged up. For me, that's my litmus test regarding how well a vacuum works.{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I had a Eureka and kept breaking the belt on it. I and a friend worked for hours one day trying to replace that belt. We never managed it. I had to take it to a repair shop every time the belt broke, which was often.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Regular Contributor
I had that problem with a Hoover upright. When I had gotten it, I had thought to myself,"How nice, they included a spare belt with the accessories". When the original belt broke four weeks later, I realized why they had included an extra one.
New Contributor
Shark has a new vacuum, Q doesn't have it yet so I got it at BB&B with the 20% coupon. Absolutely thrilled with it! It's the Rotator Powered Lift Away pet edition. Look at Shark's site and YouTube for features. One of the best things is the lights - even on the handle for attachments! Wish I could've waited for Q since you know they add extras, but I needed a new upstairs vac now.