New Contributor

Anyone ordering this? Or has anyone used one of these and had good/bad experience?? Trying to decide if I should order for my young teen daughter for when she is with her friends and needs to get in touch with me. TIA

Respected Contributor

My husband has had a Tracfone for almost two years with no problems, and I just switched from Straight Talk to Tracfone in September. I have the LG39C, which was the best Tracfone smartphone out there until this one. I am very tempted to upgrade to this one myself as my husband just did. For more information, go to the Electronics Forum...there are several Tracfone threads there.

Respected Contributor

I've had Tracfones for the last several years & they're just fine for my infrequent use. Getting a new one every year or two is usually cheaper than adding on minutes. (I have the old phones recycled.)

I don't text, play games, etc. I only have it for emergency use, so rarely even make/take calls.

I watched some of the presentation last night & the vendor specifically said that this particular offer might not be the best option for someone who talks/texts a lot & that it's really better for the casual user.

Respected Contributor
I don't own a cellphone just because I don't need one. I travel out of town once a year and thought maybe I should buy a cheap one for emergency purposes. I saw a tracphone in Safeway yesterday for $9.98. They had various models and prices. Just to let you know..
Honored Contributor

I think a phone like this would be good for a teen who does not already have a smart phone to learn to budget her usage since she would only have the min. already paid for and would have to be careful in her use.

Respected Contributor
On 10/30/2014 chessylady said: I don't own a cellphone just because I don't need one. I travel out of town once a year and thought maybe I should buy a cheap one for emergency purposes. I saw a tracphone in Safeway yesterday for $9.98. They had various models and prices. Just to let you know..

The phones are usually pretty cheap. It's the minutes that cost so much & that's why QVC & HSN like to push these Tracfones with the triple minutes included in the TS price.

Honored Contributor
On 10/30/2014 VCamp2748 said:

I've had Tracfones for the last several years & they're just fine for my infrequent use. Getting a new one every year or two is usually cheaper than adding on minutes. (I have the old phones recycled.)

I don't text, play games, etc. I only have it for emergency use, so rarely even make/take calls.

I watched some of the presentation last night & the vendor specifically said that this particular offer might not be the best option for someone who talks/texts a lot & that it's really better for the casual user.

I could have said this ! I do not use anything a great deal but I text more than anything else. This is a great entry level smart phone at a great price.

Super Contributor

I have one of theirs from a previous TSV. I love my Tracphone. Have just bought more minutes, I debated whether or not to get into a monthly contract but they are just so expensive. I can text, call, take pictures, movies. There are probably more things I could do I am just not tech savey anymore.

Regular Contributor

Can you buy more minutes for this phone when you run out?

Respected Contributor
On 10/30/2014 polar said:

Can you buy more minutes for this phone when you run out?

Yes, & you get triple. So if you buy 60 minutes, you get 180.