Not applicable

HP PAVILION HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE 1YR 3MONTHS OLD

ON Sept 14th my HP just would not turn on. It is Sept 29th and I am STILL dealing with issues. I bought the warranty (WHAT A JOKE) and was told after sending the computer back, the third time they would give me money for my computer. Well, they replaced or repaired the mother board twice and the hard drive once. Windows 8 now does not work properly so their technician asked if I would drive it to Best Buy to verify my complaints as he did not believe me. He said this is not what I sent it in for the first two times. Well, DUH, the first two times, the machine would not turn off until it just burned itself out. He said they do NOT have to put in the bells and whistles QVC offered with this unit when I purchased it, ONLY the basic operating system that comes with the model sold at all retail outlets. He was condescending and arrogant. They offered me $600.00 and a few dollars. I paid $964.00 and change. They said I don't get what I paid for because they already worked on my computer twice. It seems a bit strange that I paid for the warranty and then have to pay for repairs. JUST BEWARE people. This is a wake up call to me.

Frequent Contributor

Re: HP PAVILION HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE 1YR 3MONTHS OLD

I had an HP laptop a few years back that died suddenly. The motherboard went on it as well. I will never own another hp computer again!!! The computer was less than 2 years old when this happened. According to what I found online at the time, hp knew this was a problem but still rolled them out anyway. I am currently having problems with an hp deskjet all-in-one that keeps losing it's connection with my wireless. When this happens I have to uninstall & re-install the darned thing all over again. Another problem that hp knows about!!! NEVER AGAIN--HP PRODUCTS ARE JUNK!!!

Valued Contributor

I have a similar problem with my HP Printer.It was wireless for a long time and then..POOF not wireless anymore..So, I just plug in the wire and use it that way.I give up uninstalling/Installing it. I've done it a few times and now I say UNCLE..As long as I can print things I'm ok!

Valued Contributor

Add me to the list. I had an HP Pavillion and had to have the hard drive replaced twice within about three years.

Esteemed Contributor

I guess there are worse things in life than a computer crash, but my experience with an HP Pavillion was similar to the OP. I did not buy it from QVC - rather, a big box (another big box!). Basically, it never overcame the numerous bugs that it seemed to come with. I come from the school prior to (even) the mouse, and the modem was a thing by your desk that you parked the phone on after dialing a long distance number . . .

And yet many make millions in IT. I still like my Apple products (sold on QVC, as well - hi webbie) but as I continue to age, I'm thinking about getting rid of all of it!

No wonder "Gatsby" has been a popular movie. We are the next "lost generation".

Cogito ergo sum
Esteemed Contributor

On 10/30/2014 sharkb8 said:

I had an HP laptop a few years back that died suddenly. The motherboard went on it as well. I will never own another hp computer again!!! The computer was less than 2 years old when this happened. According to what I found online at the time, hp knew this was a problem but still rolled them out anyway. I am currently having problems with an hp deskjet all-in-one that keeps losing it's connection with my wireless. When this happens I have to uninstall & re-install the darned thing all over again. Another problem that hp knows about!!! NEVER AGAIN--HP PRODUCTS ARE JUNK!!!

There could be a problem with the wireless card or your internet connection. You may find an answer at HP Customer Forum.

Trusted Contributor

i heard when i got my hp they were the best to buy.. i've had mine almost 4 yrs the hard drive is now starting to go... how long do laptops usually last anyway?? i do use mine alot.. dont know what my next one i get will be.. i did buy mine at a well known computer store, i will be going back there for another one...

Super Contributor

I am sorry you are having computer problems.

HP computers have worked great for me for the last 20 years. I have had desktops, and the last 2 have been laptops.

My current laptop was a TSV 5 years ago. DH uses the laptop the TSV replaced. DD has had her HP laptop for 4 years now. She had mother board and video problems which took a while for HP to figure out. Turned out it was the settings in Carbonite that were messing the computer video up.

I have never had a problem with customer service or repairs with HP. I will buy another HP when this laptop dies.

Honored Contributor

We have one HP laptop (4 years old), and two desktops (2 years old and over 5 years old), in addition to a wireless HP printer (4 years old).

All of them are still working perfectly; haven't had a single problem with any of them. All purchased from Sam's Club! So I'm surprised to hear about all the problems others have had. (Prior to these we had Dells and nothing but trouble so I guess everyone's experience is different.)

We also will buy HP again, when the need arises in the future! Love them. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Honored Contributor

I have an HP that is less than 2 yrs old I bought from QVC....big mistake....it now has only one hinge on the screen, broke off with normal use....I don't even carry this laptop anywhere other than around the house....only half the keyboard keys work; I had to switch to on-screen keyboard....Windows 8 is awful and the machine seems like it has a short in it as it switches from screen to screen dozens of times on its own......"user error" is the comment from "support"

Am looking forward to getting a new computer and will get a Mac for sure; this will go into the garbage....no one deserves this much trouble. I think the computers QVC sells are not the same as sold elsewhere based on my experience.