Not applicable

I Wish QVC (Or Someone Else) Would Sell Those Plastic Covers/Silencers For The Vitamix

Whenever Jan is on for the Vitamix demos, he'll throw some of the recipes on the blenders in the back. Those have plastic covers/silencers like you'd see at smoothie shops, coffee shops, & restaurants. I think they may use them at the Costco demos too. It really helps dampen the sound.

Looking on the Vitamix site, it seems they only sell them with the commercial units. There's no way to buy them for the Vitamix you have in your home.

Trusted Contributor

Re: I Wish QVC (Or Someone Else) Would Sell Those Plastic Covers/Silencers For The Vitamix

I COMPLETELY agree with you!! The noise is so deafening I was sincerely concerned that my neighbors would complain...my daughter has one and whenever I visit and she uses it , I run to another room....she says she got "used to" the noise; however, it was a deal breaker to me. If they sold that plexiglass muffler, as you mentioned, it might help; however, how much additional $$$ would it cost?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I Wish QVC (Or Someone Else) Would Sell Those Plastic Covers/Silencers For The Vitamix

I very rarely watch much of a Vitamix presentation for the same reason. The blenders, that he is demonstrating in front of him, are so loud that it is impossible to hear Jan and host talk! Always end up changing channel...beside I really dislike one hour shows focused on one product...so boring!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I didn't realize that they made silencers. If they had it available for home use, I'd probably buy one.
Occasional Contributor

I would definitely buy one.

Frequent Contributor

Here it is.....it costs a pretty penny but may save your hearing.

http://www.jlhufford.com/Crown-Plastics-Sound-Enclosure-p/vitamix-whisper-blend.htm#mReviews

Super Contributor

Honored Contributor

These are less expensive.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Frequent Contributor

Note that the Whisper Blend sound reducing enclosure is not compatible with the G Series machines, e.g., the Pro 750, the Professional 300, the 7500, or the Creations Elite.

"The Whisper Blend is not compatible with the new Vitamix Professional Series 300, Professional Series 750 blenders, or any with that new design."

Contributor

Great idea, maybe a future TSV would be wonderful, definitely a product in demanf