Contributor

QVC OR HARRY LONDON CO. LIED!

I ordered the Harry London Santa village and Nutcrackers around 7 am Sunday morning and noticed this morning my nutcrackers stated advanced sales. I called and the lady named Inez stated that Harry London had accepted too many ship immediately orders, so several would be shipping later—not my words, but hers! I informed her I was unhappy as this was a present and now I was forced to find something else as I cancelled my order. Unsure if this was really Harry London Company’s fault or QVC’s. Never again!

Honored Contributor

Re: QVC OR HARRY LONDON CO. LIED!

I never buy anything from any catalog or shopping channel if I know I NEED that item within a specific time frame. Never. Because, stuff happens in life.

Respected Contributor

Sorry this happened to you. This is exactly why I don't believe any promises from QVC concerning delivery dates or anything else.

Honored Contributor

What date are they promising you now?

Esteemed Contributor

When they did the presentation at midnight, there were 3 ship dates, immediately and 2 others. I guess they didn't have as many "immediately" as they thought. How very sad for you, I hope you were able to find another gift.

Esteemed Contributor

I would be very annoyed, too. You even ordered them in the morning of the TSV, not at the last minute. I guess the chronological order in which orders are placed has nothing at all to do with order of fulfillment around here, which is even more a shame IMO. Lots of "orders" used in that sentence, but I couldn't think of a better way to phrase it, so hope it makes sense.

Esteemed Contributor

This sort of thing happens often- they don't know how many orders will actually go through. who might cancel after the fact- all those check holds also. Inventory seems to be a best guesstimate sometimes. WHen this happens I'm generally happy a plan to fulfill my order is in place, not like waitlist or backorder that are iffy. When did you need them for?

Respected Contributor

Wow what a disappointment. They should have said immediate was sold out. They even said it was available in the afternoon during David's show.

Honored Contributor

bummers

Esteemed Contributor

If it's as you said and that you did order at 7:00 in the morning, then that is just wrong. If it would have been towards the end of the day, I would have been annoyed but a little more understanding. They were selling those chocolates all day and even into the evening hours.