Super Contributor

Can someone tell me when GILI was created and what has Lisa got to do with it.

At one point weeks ago I saw this designer for a top and that designer pant's ect----then GILI --Someone neutral please post ....JUST WHAT AND WHO IS GILI..THE NAME ORIGINS ?

Honored Contributor

I understand that they are Lisa Robertsons favorite things that she has and a copy of them has been made at a lesser price than the original. Got It Love It. GILI.

Super Contributor

Thank you. Thank you so much ! Got it love it..Ok this is solved.

Your so kind to reply

Regular Contributor

There was a good story about QVC in The Hollywood Reporter a couple of years ago. It make reference to GILI being Lisa's line:

"Lisa Robertson has been with the network 18 years; she began by hosting 3 a.m. cooking shows in which she’d have to contend with drunken callers and buy her own ingredients. Now, she hosts several style shows (and sells her own recently launched line, called G.I.L.I.) and admits that not every product she sells is a personal favorite."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/inside-qvc-semi-scripted-reality-403983

Super Contributor
On 10/14/2014 Krissie22 said:

There was a good story about QVC in The Hollywood Reporter a couple of years ago. It make reference to GILI being Lisa's line:

"Lisa Robertsonhasbeen with the network 18 years; she began by hosting 3 a.m. cooking shows in which she’d have to contend with drunken callers and buy her own ingredients. Now, she hosts several style shows (and sells her own recently launched line, called G.I.L.I.) and admits that not every product she sells is a personal favorite."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/inside-qvc-semi-scripted-reality-403983

i had never give thought to 3 am drunks callin in. That is frightning. I do hear some gals call in and drag it out

Valued Contributor

The GILI line has sold well, and I think Lisa loves designing....I am betting she is going to start her own line of fashion....and become a millionaire like the other QVC fashion vendors.

Good for her! She's smart and well-connected...and I am sure it will feel good not to have such a crazy schedule and deal with all the other issues. The well-known vendors seem to love her, so I am sure she can get the best-possible advice.

Super Contributor

we just wish her luck and health and happiness. I got caught right tied up in a few post and it is not nice or worth it

Valued Contributor

I agree, BOYINTX....Lisa is incredibly smart and has had an amazing run on QVC. I can't imagine being bright and alert at midnight one day, then 3pm the next, then 7am the next....I don't know how the hosts do what they do, and always seem to be so excited to be there, even with kids to get off to school, or little babies at home, etc. So stressful! I think 20 years is enough, and Lisa seems very happy about whatever her new venture is going to be!

Frequent Contributor
On 10/14/2014 65and fabulous said:

The GILI line has sold well, and I think Lisa loves designing....I am betting she is going to start her own line of fashion....and become a millionaire like the other QVC fashion vendors.

Good for her! She's smart and well-connected...and I am sure it will feel good not to have such a crazy schedule and deal with all the other issues. The well-known vendors seem to love her, so I am sure she can get the best-possible advice.

But the thing is Lisa is not really a designer. For GILI she buys things and then has them knocked off. Big difference between having an eye for things and actually designing them

Super Contributor

well if gili dumped the jewelry and upgraded the material I would even pay more.

GILI is not a name I prefer as it sounds like diet jello but i adore the items I got.