Occasional Contributor

TSV Ninja new 4 in 1 -- Do you own a 3 in 1?

Well, it looks like they added a feature to the Ninja that we know and love, a steaming feature. Many of us own the 3 in 1, including me, so I tried to research the differences. Looks like the new one makes sounds and also steams. Our older Ninjas won't make sounds , have a carrier, or have glass lids, but it looks like they can steam perfectly well. I checked the TSV page and, on page 12 of the pdf manual, there is a table for steaming foods in the Ninja. I printed it off and stuck it in my Ninja cookbook. It looks like you just have to get the water to boiling before putting your food in the Ninja and starting a timer. No need to upgrade to this Ninja version for the steaming if you don't want to. I certainly won't!

Occasional Contributor

Re: TSV Ninja new 4 in 1 -- Do you own a 3 in 1?

Oh, I was thinking about what settings to use to duplicate the steam setting. I think I'll try heating the water on stovetop high, then, once it's boiling, turning it down to low. It looks like we use only 2 cups of water in most of the recipes, so low should keep it simmering. If not, I'll turn it to stovetop medium. Steaming is not like baking, so nothing would be burned if one guesses wrong (unless the water boils away), just over or under done for your taste.

That said, I'd have preferred the steam setting on my 3 in 1 to the duplicate (for me) and handwash only pans that came with it.

Super Contributor

How do you clean it? Is it a pan liner that can be removed to wash?
Super Contributor

How do you clean it? Is it a pan liner that can be removed to wash?
Occasional Contributor

On 10/1/2014 mjmm said: How do you clean it? Is it a pan liner that can be removed to wash?

Yes, it's a pan liner like a slow cooker that can be put in the dishwasher.

Occasional Contributor

Oh, another thing -- if you collect Ninja recipes, go to the Ninja 4 in 1 page and click on recipes. A couple of them are in the 3 in 1 cookbook, but 4 of them are new and can be printed.

Trusted Contributor

Is this a better deal than say Bed Bath and Beyond or Kohls? I don't own this.