Super Contributor

Just a heads up that the 8 pound weight is very heavy at the end of a pole. Imagine a bowling ball at the end of a 10' pole. DH has one, and is VERY VERY careful. The weight makes this very awkward, and dangerous. You need a lot of upper body strength to use this.

Respected Contributor

I am so happy you posted this, wish more people could read it.

Yes, this is dangerous, just the shear weight being top heavy can "throw" your balance off and like they are showing on the demo, who has just a limb sticking out that needs to be cut, it's usually branches with leaves and twigs on it.

You're cutting an elevated limb above your head, the limb comes down, the saw comes down...not a good thing.

Honored Contributor

I was thinking about ordering it because several of the neighbors trees are growing over the fence & hanging in our yard & we don't want them here. They don't trim them so we have to. I told DH to cut the branches off & throw them in their yards & let them deal with the clean up since we are having to trim THEIR trees. If you want trees you should keep them trimmed. We can only do in once they flow onto our property. I think this would work better then using a saw on a ladder.

Respected Contributor
On 9/17/2014 Nightowlz said:

I was thinking about ordering it because several of the neighbors trees are growing over the fence & hanging in our yard & we don't want them here. They don't trim them so we have to. I told DH to cut the branches off & throw them in their yards & let them deal with the clean up since we are having to trim THEIR trees. If you want trees you should keep them trimmed. We can only do in once they flow onto our property. I think this would work better then using a saw on a ladder.

{#emotions_dlg.angry}{#emotions_dlg.devil2}

I'm glad I'm not your neighbor, if it bothers you that much, address it with them first, I'm sure they'll respect your property and get them trimmed....I would be so mad if my neighbor trimmed the trees and tossed them on my side.

Occasional Contributor

Nightowlz thats exactly why I ordered the the saw. I don't plan on throwing the branches back in their yards though. I have lived in my house over 4 years and have various conversations with both neighbors beside me and behind me. Nothing helps. The crabapple trees this year are really full and heavy and almost knocking down the fence and on the other side trees are half dead and when we get strong winds they break off.

I pay to have my own trees trimmed but figure I can do a good enough job for their trees. Also a lot of people do not realize that when your neighbors tree falls on your house and does damage their insurance does not cover it. You are stuck with filing with your insurance and paying your own deductable. I learned that the hard way. $100 for this saw beats $1,000 deductable.

Honored Contributor
On 9/17/2014 nantucket shore said:
On 9/17/2014 Nightowlz said:

{#emotions_dlg.angry}{#emotions_dlg.devil2}

I'm glad I'm not your neighbor, if it bothers you that much, address it with them first, I'm sure they'll respect your property and get them trimmed....I would be so mad if my neighbor trimmed the trees and tossed them on my side.

We have addressed it with them. They said if we did not like it we could trim them. The city will not do anything about it & told us when they come onto our property we have the right to cut them. Why should we have to trim THEIR TREES plus deal with all the cleanup???
One of the neighbors trees are now on our roof which is not good. We don't need our shingles getting tore up from their tree limbs or falling during a storm onto our roof.

Honored Contributor
On 9/17/2014 myjellybeana said:

Nightowlz thats exactly why I ordered the the saw. I don't plan on throwing the branches back in their yards though. I have lived in my house over 4 years and have various conversations with both neighbors beside me and behind me. Nothing helps. The crabapple trees this year are really full and heavy and almost knocking down the fence and on the other side trees are half dead and when we get strong winds they break off.

I pay to have my own trees trimmed but figure I can do a good enough job for their trees. Also a lot of people do not realize that when your neighbors tree falls on your house and does damage their insurance does not cover it. You are stuck with filing with your insurance and paying your own deductable. I learned that the hard way. $100 for this saw beats $1,000 deductable.

ITA. But give your neighbors their tree limbs back. LOL!!! If they don't like it they should trim them as we have nicely asked several times. Now before it gets out of hand we will deal with it because I'm not paying someone to come out to cut the neighbors trees. If they don't want to take care of them they should never have planted them. I guess I got the throwing them back in the neighbors yard from my dad because that's what he said he would do.

Super Contributor

That thing is a joke--don't waste you money on it. It's underpowered and the cord will make it awkward to use.

Super Contributor

I was going to order the saw, but I've changed my mind. As for neighbors, it would be nice if neighbors would take care of their property especially it it causes problems for their neighbors. Unfortunately, neighbors today are not the kind of neighbors I had growing up. It's amazing to me that so many of my neighbors have to have the HOA tell them when to cut their grass and when they do they throw it all in the street. Lots of homeowners should probably live in apartments because they clearly don't want to do maintenance.

Super Contributor
Worst TS ever! Can not believe anyone would want it.