Contributor

Has anyone set up there Lapan Tablet , today I received a e-mail from QVC telling how to set it up and the man on the video was walking you through the set up process he was telling you to put your credit card number in which I don't want to if anyone has this tablet , could you let me know if you have a option not to put it in?

Valued Contributor
I'm pretty sure there is the option to skip that step. I know when I set mine up I certainly didn't enter that info.
Contributor

Attention JOJOBEANS ,

Thank you for the information i set mine up and I didn't need to put my credit card information in but I am having another problem I can't update because it locks up on me and also when i go on a website it locks up , did you have that problem , do you think it could be the operated system is bad.

Valued Contributor
Hi starlight. I haven't had any problems with my tablet locking up so it could very well be the operating system. I wouldn't keep it if it continuously locks up. That must be so frustrating.
Super Contributor

Not sure what the issue is with your tablet locking up. However, you might want to give Google you credit card number if you want to buy apps at the Play Store. A lot of apps are free, but they sill need your number on file.

Maybe you already have a Gmail account? In that case, they already you credit card number and this step will not apply.

“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” H.P. Lovecraft
Esteemed Contributor

That is another reason I got a mini computer/tablet so I do not have to give my credit card information to anybody!!!!!

Respected Contributor
CC number isn't required. I haven't given ggogle my cc number and am able to download free apps.
Contributor

Thank you for everyone advice , I have been told by a few friends that work on computers they also think something is wrong with the operating system so I called customer service and asked for a replacement,I am mailing it back tomorrow.