Honored Contributor

Why is it the TSV is always 'tricked up' with weird, unusual colors? Doesn't matter if it's a mixer, phone, vacuum cleaner or pressure cooker....why would I want a purple appliance? I suggest making it in black, white, stainless and drop another $10.

I always think it's a bad sign when many color choices are offered for any non-fashion product. I don't remember that being a selling point many years ago. When did this start?

Respected Contributor

I don't know when it started. Household appliances & kitchen gadgets are offered in many colors because a lot of people like them.

Why shouldn't they be offered in a variety of colors????

Respected Contributor
I ordered the TSV today in the spice color. I think the kitchen is the one room of the house where people meet the most whether it's a holiday or birthday or just visiting with a friend. Kitchens today are amazing and the biggest selling point for a house IMO. Plus I feel that some people want a variety. I ordered the spice because my kitchen is mostly earth tones and this will livin it up a little. Idk that's JMO.
Super Contributor

I DO NOT want black white or s/s looking, how boring. I want cinnamon or blue. Got a yellow eggtastic.

Respected Contributor

I love red appliances in my kitchen since my kitchen is in all shades of charcoal, grays and stainless steel. Red accents look beautiful in my kitchen.

I don't think colored appliances are more expensive than black, white or SS. The TSV is actually a good price.

Trusted Contributor

My 72 year old mother wanted a red microwave when she moved into her small apartment. She found one too! Now she wants a red Keurig to go with it Smiley Wink

My kitchen is all neutrals, stainless and black. I want some purple or red to liven it up. I do have a large orange Oil bottle from Rachel Ray and that is a little color but I could stand more.

OTOH I do NOT want my major appliances to be something wild. If I get tired of something I don't want to wait 15 years to replace it. Oh wait, major appliances today probably don't last that long anyway! hahaha

{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

KJPA
Respected Contributor

Why do you think it's a bad sign, does assorted colors mean lack of quality. I like having the choice of colors and most of my small appliances match even if I don't leave them out on the counter.

Regular Contributor

Just because you don't like colors doesn't mean others don't. We, also are not weird! I have always liked color in my life and am pleased that now we have many options.

Valued Contributor
I love that I can get many of my kitchen items in purple. It's my favorite color and it cheers me up. Nothing wrong with that. (Now if they only offered a Kitchenaid mixer in purple, I'd order in a heartbeat!)
Respected Contributor
On 9/10/2014 jojobeans said: I love that I can get many of my kitchen items in purple. It's my favorite color and it cheers me up. Nothing wrong with that. (Now if they only offered a Kitchenaid mixer in purple, I'd order in a heartbeat!)

I thought I saw a purple one a few weeks ago when they had a TSV. I love purple, too, but have been accumulating red appliances. If I were rich & had a second home, I'd get the purple for sure!