Trusted Contributor

Yet Another All Day Cooking Event 9/10/14

I see it is a Pressure Cooker in Colors. Does anyone know the Brand? What are you planning on buying?

Frequent Contributor

Re: Yet Another All Day Cooking Event 9/10/14

I am on the fence regarding the pressure cooker. Cooks Essentials does not have the best reviews. I am retired, so cooking fast is not what I would buy it for. I am just wondering if I would use it enough. I like to simmer things on the stove and love how the whole house smells. Who has one and how do you like it. The shipping and handling is what gets me.

Honored Contributor

It took me 30 years to try a crock pot, so I don't know if I'll ever get around to a pressure cooker.

I like cooking the regular way or in a dutch oven the best.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Super Contributor

Not interested. I won't be watching at all except maybe Carolyn at 3 and Jill at 7 pm. I see they have the usual David 4 hour saga to round out the day.

Frequent Contributor

Wednesdays and Sundays are certainly a ""turn off QVC"" in the background day.

Very boring lately

Honored Contributor

Yea, YET again. So has Wednesday either officially or unofficially joined Sunday as a second day focused on food and cooking and really, aren't there entire channels devoted to food and cooking? Not planning to buy the pressure cooker and not planning to watch... No happy dancing or yum yum-ing required at my house. And no, I won't be watching Jill either. It's always the same products and a I've heard about as much about bed linens, Bethlehem Lights fake lit garland, and Poo Pourri as I need to hear. They really need an infusion of both creativity and new and different around here.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

LOL, different strokes. I'm not as I have other things to do, but cooking shows are the only thing I'm interested in watching.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

Cooking/food has to be a money maker otherwise they wouldnt dedicate two days a week to it. Plus Monday is usually a foodfest-type show.
===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

I hate these days devoted to cooking, beauty, etc. I never watch the cooking shows and get really tired of the Irish shows, though I do check out the ones that show the sweaters. The only all-day extravaganzas I watch are the fashion days. Get ready for all Christmas all the time in another few weeks. Time to tune out.

Esteemed Contributor

Well I have no interest in the cooking shows. I already have plenty of items in my kitchen and have been in the clearing out mode so buying more unless it is something I really "need" isn't on my list.

I'm working today so don't have access to watch (although I could check online) and have plans for tonight so I don't plan to watch.

If it is your thing, please enjoy.

Oh and I agree with Stevieb's comment about Jill's shows. I got an e-mail about the preview, took a look at the items and said, well, no reason to hurry home for those items. I used to really enjoy your home with Jill shows because they had interesting things, but since they've gone to the QVC nothing special items, well, there is no reason to watch. Multiple Poo items? Sorry, I'm sure its a fine product but I don't need to see a presentation on it - multiple times.