Contributor

LePan 8 inch Tablet vs the Today's Special 7 inch

I am on advanced order for the LePan Tablet. I bought 2 as gifts. I could cancel them and get the Acer instead. The price is pretty much the same. LePan is bigger screen. Has quad-core and can return until Jan 31st. No name brand but most reviews good. Acer is only dual core small screen size, life time tech support, brand name good reviews on Amazon , only 30 days to return. Should I keep the LePan or go with the Acer?
New Contributor

Re: LePan 8 inch Tablet vs the Today's Special 7 inch

I would like to know the same thing. I bought the Le Pan for my granddaughter for Christmas but wondering if I should get this one and return the Le Pan.

Super Contributor

I just returned a 7.9" Le Pan to another shopping channel. Very disappointed, as it had a great display and great features. However, I could never get it to connect to my home Wi-Fi (I could get Internet access by connecting to my ISP's unprotected Wi-Fi, but not a solution, and even that wouldn't stay connected). Did some due diligence before purchasing and was satisfied with the quality of the product. Only found out after purchasing that Le Pan's customer service is nonexistent.

These are things to consider before ordering so you don't have to pay for return shipping. This is the second time I have purchased an off-brand tablet only to have to return it. Just ordered the Samsung 8" Galaxy Tab 4 I should have ordered in the first place from QVC; the price was right this weekend! I am hoping the third time is the charm and I will have a working tablet, small enough to hold in my hand but with a large enough screen display to see clearly, that will connect to my home Wi-Fi so I can use it all over the house.

I hope this was helpful.

Contributor

I got the le pan and love it. Screen size makes a difference _go look at a 7"" vs 8"" in a store like 8 better for viewing_quad core faster..and can you beat the return policy Jan 2015 esp for a gift_you can really see if you like it..no brained to me to stay with le pan jmo quad core is a big plus
Contributor

Remember the Acer has 30 day return so if you don't give it soon it is yours.. Fyi I have had no problems connecting to my secured WiFi...
Contributor

Thank you everyone for your input. I did look at more reviews and LePan actually did better than the Acer. I think the fact that we have until Jan to return is a plus. I like that the LePan is metal rather then plastic. I plan to open them and try them out before I give them away and may give them a bit early in December if they work well to me.
Contributor

Good luck..by the way typing on my me pan
Contributor

When I switched on QVC this morning, this was exactly what I was thinking when I saw what the TSV was! I got my LePan about a week ago, and am charging it now. I did print out the LePan manual available and that should help. Seeing as how this is my very first tablet, I think I'll keep the LePan only because I can return it through 1/31/2015.

Esteemed Contributor

I have the LePan here now and am on advanced order for three more for the grands...

I am debating about the Acer because of the lifetime support....that would be helpful to me and to the three grands.....who are younger....

I am electronics challenged having a support to go to I would love...the only thing I have done on my LePan is downloaded Solitaire.....

Where the heck is John when I need him....he would have great input for us....yoo-hoo John...please sign in....

Regular Contributor

I know this is completely unrelated to the actual topic, but I have a question for anyone that saw the airing of the TSV with Rick at midnight, They were showing a movie playing on the tablet that looked like a Disney movie and I would love to know the name of the movie. Anyone who was watching know what it was? The characters, if I remember correctly, were round and they all had round noses. Super cute and would love to see the movie and have it on hand for my niece. Thanks to anyone who can help!