Contributor

Quacker TSV: Anyone say Leisure Suit?

Just woke up and saw the rhinestone-studded Quackery Jacket. I cannot help but think of two things: 1. Leisure suit and 2. 60's and 70's country music (think Porter W and old Dolly). Now I feel better and can sleep for a couple more hrs (3am).
Super Contributor

Re: Quacker TSV: Anyone say Leisure Suit?

I'm sure this jacket will be popular with the regular Quacker Factory fans but it just has too much embellishment for me. I just don't want to feel like a Las Vegas entertainer when I go to do my shopping.

I sometimes buy Quacker Factory sweaters for the holidays but even those have become over the top for me. They used to sell some items that were not so sparkley and I enjoyed those. Very good quality. I still have some Quacker Factory suede jackets they used to sell. Those are nice jackets but I guess they are not doing suede anymore.

Honored Contributor

I'm waiting for them to bring back the electrified Christmas items..........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Ooohh a BIG thank you for starting this snarky thread! Usually the clothing everyone else hates I end up liking! I haven't ordered from the Q in a few years and I took a look at this very cute jacket and had to have one! Thanks ladies!

"Pure Michigan"
Super Contributor

I think they are very pretty... Have an old Black Denim QF with pearls, and clear stones... That one has more embellishment then the TS....

My lifestyle has changed over the years... Live in Upstate, NY... Many of my friends are gone or have moved...

My Dh has is not well and don't socialize too much now..

Have many QF fashions and love them all... Too add the colors of the TS choices are really beautiful.. My favorites are the Chestnut, Evergreen, and Purple....

Just wondering why size chart is not shown for Jacket??

The one I own is a Med and very generously sized...

lovestodance

Super Contributor

It should be called the OMG suit.....unbelievable! As Carolyn put it ... if you are in assisted living and in bed... it is TABLE TOP DRESSING......

Esteemed Contributor

On 9/2/2014 lovestodance said:

I think they are very pretty... Have an old Black Denim QF with pearls, and clear stones... That one has more embellishment then the TS....

My lifestyle has changed over the years... Live in Upstate, NY... Many of my friends are gone or have moved...

My Dh has is not well and don't socialize too much now..

Have many QF fashions and love them all... Too add the colors of the TS choices are really beautiful.. My favorites are the Chestnut, Evergreen, and Purple....

Just wondering why size chart is not shown for Jacket??

The one I own is a Med and very generously sized...

lovestodance

I have that too- I bought an ocassional Quacker piece back then. But the embellishments fell off as I wore the jacket! I eventually took them all off and it's it's now a simpler well made denim jacket. Much more wearable for me since I don't wear bling anymore.

This tsv is a very good price for Quacker fans, though - I think my jacket was close to this price 10+ years ago!

The jacket size chart is listed on the click here link by the listing.

Frequent Contributor

I like the jacket. I'm not sure I like so much bling on it but I do like it. I didn't always wear bling but I kind of like it now. I'm not sure I'll get it as I already have many jackets that I don't get to wear much as I live in a warm climate year round. BTW, I have one of those electrified Christmas sweaters and my grandkids and my friends' grandkids love it!
Honored Contributor

It definitely screams ""QUACKER""!!

Respected Contributor

On 9/2/2014 SchoolPsych said: Just woke up and saw the rhinestone-studded Quackery Jacket. I cannot help but think of two things: 1. Leisure suit and 2. 60's and 70's country music (think Porter W and old Dolly). Now I feel better and can sleep for a couple more hrs (3am).

LOL, it's funny you said that as I just said to my mom that the jacket/pants Denim and Diamonds outfit looks like Porter Wagoner at the Grand Ole Opry!