Not applicable

Bamboo green tea BGT price increase?

During the TSV show today Lisa made the comment the the price of the BGT will be going up. it sounded like Chad was taking it out of the "regular" line and raising the price?!!! I would assume he is going to consider it a special line and price it similar to the 613. If this is true I am not a happy camper. Raising the price due to popularity is not fair.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Bamboo green tea BGT price increase?

Maybe it was a sales pitch for people to go on auto delivery?

Respected Contributor

Lisa and Chaz repeated this several times! I'm not very happy about it either. Why now? They kept saying it was never meant to be offered with the core scents. Then why did they even start. I questioned the other day about the new fall scents in the 16 oz being more(&32) than the SHP and SOB and most of the others staying at $29. I'm not blasting Chaz but he should remain loyal and keep his prices consistent. I'm glad I have the BGT 32 oz on A-D.
Honored Contributor

This really isn't news. When Chaz was here in June, it was announced that the BGT was an especially good deal because the price would be going up.

What I'm confused and a little annoyed about, is why the seasonal formulas cost more now? They alway used to be the same price as the core formulas.

Esteemed Contributor

On 8/30/2014 JeanLouiseFinch said:

This really isn't news. When Chaz was here in June, it was announced that the BGT was an especially good deal because the price would be going up.

What I'm confused and a little annoyed about, is why the seasonal formulas cost more now? They alway used to be the same price as the core formulas.

Economics 101 .... supply & demand drives the price up.

Honored Contributor

On 8/30/2014 ibb38 said:

But the core formulas are equally as popular (and Pomegranate is formulated very much like the seasonals), that I would think the increase would be an across the board thing, not solely with the seasonals.

Esteemed Contributor

On 8/31/2014 JeanLouiseFinch said:
On 8/30/2014 ibb38 said:

But the core formulas are equally as popular (and Pomegranate is formulated very much like the seasonals), that I would think the increase would be an across the board thing, not solely with the seasonals.

All the formulas are popular, you're right. But 'seasonals' translates to they're not made year round. That means less supply! Less supply but still in demand = costs more.

Honored Contributor

So what makes BGT so special? I've been using WEN for a few years, but right now I think my dollars would be better spent on an oil than on a more expensive CC. Anyone?

Valued Contributor

On 9/4/2014 millieshops said:

So what makes BGT so special? I've been using WEN for a few years, but right now I think my dollars would be better spent on an oil than on a more expensive CC. Anyone?

Well for one thing it's an option for people who have allergies as it is rice based, not soy (POM, 613, seasonals) or wheat (SAM, CA, TT, Fig, LAV). It has added peptides and amino acids (like 613 & seasonals). Menthol is also lower down on the ingredient deck list, so for those who cannot tolerate higher menthol formulas (POM, CA) can most likely use this instead. It's main ingredient, bamboo, helps tremendously with fine, brittle and damaged hair. It's great for repairing (think of bamboo, very difficult to break). Also bamboo has added vitamins to it. Also a 4 tea complex (also in FTP currently) that helps with shine and also troublesome scalps. It has a lighter scent (unlike seasonals, 613) so that those who cannot tolerate heavy scents can also use BGT instead.

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Honored Contributor

He said it was always intended to cost more than the regular CC. It has always cost more on his own site, so it isn't because it's popular.