Regular Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Here is the Rachel Ray TSV!

What a great set! I wish they specified where it is made instead of just listing ""imported"". I will not purchase anything to cook with that is made in China.

Valued Contributor

Every time I look at her Bubble and Brown bake ware all I envision is food bubbling through those handles and making a mess all over the oven.

Respected Contributor

On 8/25/2014 MathisFan said:

Every time I look at her Bubble and Brown bake ware all I envision is food bubbling through those handles and making a mess all over the oven.

ITA! I would never buy this style. Why on earth did she make such huge openings on the sides? you can only fill the dish half full.

Valued Contributor

On 8/25/2014 loveour4leggedfriends said:

ITA! I would never buy this style. Why on earth did she make such huge openings on the sides? you can only fill the dish half full.

That's a really good point loveour4leggedfriends, you're right, it does cut down on the amount of available space for food.

Maria

Frequent Contributor

I own these and the handle openings have NEVER been an issue! If you look at the product closer before making your comments, you will notice the openings are no lower in height than the left and right sides of the pan. The reason why the handles are higher than the sides is to compensate for the opening in the handles. It's a great, practical design if you ask me. If your food is going to bubble over and thru the handle openings, it's also going to bubble over the sides! If that happens to you, then you've filled them up more than they should have been.

Frequent Contributor

The advertised sizes of each of these bowls is based on the heights of the sides, not the height of the handles. If you removed the higher handles, you still have a 3 qt bowl!

I love how people make derogatory comments before experiencing them themselves. The same reason why people complained about posted reviews of David's first cookbook before it was even released.

Valued Contributor

Awwwww I love her cucina rustica. Well at least she will be on. Maybe she will bring some. Thanks for posting!
Honored Contributor

I have one of these RR bubble & brown bake wear dishes in a medium size and food has never bubbled over!...plus you can fill it up without worrying about food spilling out. The holes for the handles are much higher than the top of the inside of the dish!!

It's a nice piece and does a good job...but I don't need a whole set.

Valued Contributor

On 8/25/2014 cgando said:

The advertised sizes of each of these bowls is based on the heights of the sides, not the height of the handles. If you removed the higher handles, you still have a 3 qt bowl!

I love how people make derogatory comments before experiencing them themselves. The same reason why people complained about posted reviews of David's first cookbook before it was even released.

Wow! Who peed in your cheerios today? I made no derogatory comments! I simply stated that was what I envisioned. Get a grip!