Contributor

Dr Denese TSV is making my skin dry and flaky...Help!?

I so wanted to love the Hydroshield and Firmatone RX....but my skin is flaky and dry. Am I the only one that is having this issue? I only used the firmatone twice, and have been using the Hydroshield to try and bump up the moisture but I'm afraid I will have to give up if this continues. I am also using the eye gel but my undereyes are dry too now. Unfortunately I threw away the packaging so,I cannot return. If anyone has any feedback that would help me that would be great.
New Contributor

Re: Dr Denese TSV is making my skin dry and flaky...Help!?

I have the same issue.I thought it was somethin else but now I'm wondering...I think mine is going back
Esteemed Contributor

I use the Dr. Denese skincare line and have very dry, sensitive skin with a ton of allergies and skin issues. I Love her line! Her products are very concentrated so when I try something new in the line I will occasionally have a reaction like you describe.

Under Eye cream---I use this every other night. For the flaky skin I will put a drop or two of the hydroshield serum on my finger tip and tap it on the dry area. This will restore that area but be careful not to use more than a drop or two.

Retinol Firmatone RX --I use this twice a week only. I use the firming moisturizer the rest of the week along with the hydroshield serum.

Most people don't have all the issues and reactions that I do but Dr.Denese's skincare line really did make a difference in my skin. Her products are quite concentrated but work. I just needed to find the correct routine for my skin.

Hope this helps.

Respected Contributor

You shouldn't need the packaging, esp. If it' switching the 30-day window.
We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

I currently use Dr. Denese hydroshield plus her face and neck cream, I have gotten great results, but years ago I used a different product, I don't remember what it was (it was a face cream, just don't remember what it was) but I did see my doctor (derm) and she told me it looked like I was using a retinol product. If there was retinol in the face cream I was not aware of it, once I quit using it my dry skin cleared up, maybe there is retinol in your product...

Occasional Contributor

I LOVE Hydroshield but on this kit my eyes are puffy and peeling. Sending back.
Honored Contributor

I would not persevere with these products if you are having this kind of reaction. You do not need the original packaging to return the products, just pack it up and sent it back with your explanation. I would send this back even if it was past the 30 days, I'm sure QVC won't give you any hassle because of the skin reaction.