Respected Contributor
Just got the email for IM TSV and the inseam on the regular pants is 28 inches!! I am 5'10" and do not prefer my pants to be half way up my calf in the fall and winter!! Why can't they offer tall if they offer petite??
Esteemed Contributor

28 inches seems short even for regular length!! Regulars are usually 30 inches long.....

Super Contributor

I purchased these pants. BEFORE washing, the inseams are 28 inches. AFTER washing, the inseams shorten to 26 inches.

Respected Contributor

I am only 5'1" and wear petites, which are usually 27 1/2 or 28 inches in the inseam. Cannot imagine why a regular pant would be that length. However, maybe they weren't intended to be full length pants.

Assuming your measurements are correct, I wouldn't buy any more IM pants in the future.

Honored Contributor

I'm 5'4 and these lengths sound really short for me too. Not spending $39 + tax + s/h on a pant just to hope that the regular length would be long enough especially for fall/winter wear. They say MRP is a whopping $72.00!!!!! so this $39 is a real bargain? Not so much in my pocket book.

Trusted Contributor

I truly think the Q is getting away from Talls, why, I don't know because it leaves out a large segment of the viewers. If we can't get our size, we'll go elsewhere to buy our pants. Whenever I go into a store to buy jeans, Talls are the ones sold out first.

Just wish someone would hear us. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

Contributor

I got the email this am and they are ankle pants, so that is why they have the shorter inseam. I love the look on others, but on me ankle pants look and feel like my pants are too short!

Valued Contributor

I'm only 5'5", and I often buy TALLS in jeans because I hate when they shrink and they look too short. I would rather have a little baggy look at the ankle when I wear a boot then too short!

Trusted Contributor
I recently returned some pants of Renee G.'s for the same reason. A 28" inseam might work for now with sandals, but later on way too short. I am only 5'4".
Esteemed Contributor

That's a high water look, in my book. Nothing stylish about that, but it could be my generation speaking. And my body type. Looks like you had to wear your older siblings' stuff and you had a growth spurt. If it works for others I am certainly not opposed.

Cogito ergo sum