Honored Contributor

If I Drink Three Large Cups Of Coffee Daily, Will K Cups Be Costly?

I drink three large cups of coffee a day. I drink 28 ounces. What will that cost if I drink the Green Mountain coffee?
Frequent Contributor

Re: If I Drink Three Large Cups Of Coffee Daily, Will K Cups Be Costly?

I did some number crunching for you. On average a kcup runs about 50 cents each, give or take a few cents with coupons or promotions. I checked out bm stores and costco for price comparisons. So if you use 3 kcups a day thats $1.50/day and over a month that equals to about $45.

i know you may be able to find generic brands for much cheaper, i strictly did the pricing for Green Mountain since thats what you asked about.

Trusted Contributor

Be careful what generic cups you buy. I bought some store-brand once and it actually contained instant coffee instead of ground coffee. I don't need to buy expensive, disposable plastic cups to make instant coffee Smiley Wink I stick to the big name brands and Kirkland (from Costco.)

Anytime you can get the K-cups for 50 cents or less you are getting a good deal.

KJPA
Valued Contributor

K cups have gone up in price. If you buy them at Sam's, you can get the 80 count of brand name ones for a good price, sometimes under $.40 per cup. Otherwise even $.50 is a good price. For long periods, I will use the my K cup and fill it with my own ground coffee, which is very economical, and gives me a great cup of coffee. Since we have had more than one Keurig, I have more than one my k cup, so it makes it as you do have to dump the grounds and wash and dry the inside cup where you put the ground coffee and the holder.

Cost aside, the coffee I have had from my Keurigs is a lot better than with my Cuisinart, or Mr. Coffee or other home brands. I do like my French Press, but rarely use it.

HTH.

Honored Contributor

$45.00 a month is much more than I spend on coffee, now. I usually go through two bags of ground coffee a month. Thank you so much for the number crunching. Don't KCups come in different sizes?

Super Contributor

Another thing to consider is the way the keurig makes a large cup of coffee is just by adding more water. The amount of coffee used is the same. So if you like a large weaker cup of coffee then it will work fine but if you like it stronger you may need 2 kcups to make your 1 cup.
Honored Contributor

I love the coffee maker I have now. It does not burn the coffee to keep it warm. The only reason I consider a Keurig, is that KCups offer Green Mountain, which is my favorite. I can buy Newman's Own, made by Green Mountain in the grocery store, but I prefer the taste of Green Mountain, and the only way I can get it is through the mail from the company. I just thought it would be convenient to get Green Mountain KCups at the grocery store, but the price is very high.

Trusted Contributor

I have three Keurigs - one main one in the kitchen and one each in the master bedroom and home office. I am not a coffee drinker, but when I go to the warehouse store or a supermarket or to keurig.com I check for sales on tea and unsweetened drinks. I stock up when I see a good deal. The convenience of the k cups make the Keurig my beverage maker of choice.

Honored Contributor

It isn't about cost saving. It is about convenience and choice and a fresh cup whenever you want it.

Esteemed Contributor

I am not a fan of these machines, but I keep one in our small B&B for guests. They seem to love the thing.

Since guests generally visit for a few days and not all drink coffee, it seems to work better than trying to keep coffee to brew. We tried it and people were reluctant to use the coffee we provided and didn't want to buy their own.

Personally, I think the coffee it brews is like mop water....my sister calls it "coffee broth" and I agree.

In my own home, I have a 14 cup Kitchenaide that gets a good workout every day. As much coffee as my husband and I drink, I would never use a Keurig.