Contributor

Has Anyone Else Noticed TSV's are only about $10 cheaper than normal

I have been watching all of the TSV's and lately just about all of them seem to be only $10 cheaper than the normal price. Such as the Christmas trees they just had on and the Philosophy set. I thought TSV's were supposed to SAVE us a little more than $10 a shot.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Has Anyone Else Noticed TSV's are only about $10 cheaper than normal

there use to be a decent difference in the price before and after....but now its minimal...ten dollars or less....very disappointing...

they made such a fuss about those TSV trees ...showing the amount they should be and what they were now...that I ordered one....when I seen even the trees was only ten dollars...I cancelled my order....that's no savings on such an expensive tree....I should have known better.....

Respected Contributor

I don't watch them that closely anymore, but it seems that in the past, there were deeper discounts. I also noticed that on air, the TSV graphic is barely discernable from the graphic for a regularly-priced item. I've missed several TSV presentations when I have QVC on in the background, because it doesn't jump out at me like it used to when the entire graphic was in bold red.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Honored Contributor

A ten dollar discount off normal is a joke. How can they call it ""today's special value?""

Super Contributor

Yes, I have noticed. It is making more cautious to not get caught up in the hoopla of a TSV.

Contributor

Often the savings is even less than $10. If it's something I was going to buy anyway, fine. If not, I wait to read reviews before I buy. The cost of returning something negates the minimal discount....I want to see reviews first!
Trusted Contributor

Sometimes the TSV is only $5 off the regular price. What a joke.

Contributor

I've noticed that the discount is about equal to the cost of shipping. I don't get the TSV excitement either.

New Contributor

I have been noticing this trend too. I'm not a regular customer of HSN, but that's worth checking out. I mean, if the savings are so minimal, then whats the point? And I agree about the less distinctive style of the TSV graphics, and called to complain twice. Maybe the loud trumpets are enough "hoopla"

Super Contributor

I haven't bought a TSV in a long time. Exception being WEN TSVs, which are usually good values when you see what is included in the bundle. Other than WEN, it's probably been over 1 year since I purchased a TSV.