Contributor
I'm in the market for a printer, and there are so many out there. It's confusing. Is this a good deal or can I do better at a B&M? I don't want to pay a fortune for ink.
Honored Contributor

If you figure out how to not pay a fortune on ink let me know! That is where they earn most of their money. I'd love a good wireless printer but every time I look into getting a new printer I give up because of the cost of ink.

Honored Contributor

Use the name and model number to look up reviews. I prefer review sites like CNET or PC Mag for reviews from people who know printers and then consumer reviews for things like ink usage and ease of setup from people who maybe don't set up printers all the time.

Honored Contributor

i have an hp

constantly have to reset my settings for the wireless setting on my laptop,

ready to throw out the window.

I don't print that much stuff for the ink cost to be a huge issue, constantly having to reset IP address and software is.

Contributor
I bought the earlier version of this printer 2 years ago. Same mfg, brand, capability, and price (I actually paid more because S&H was not free). I was very disappointed because despite the advertised page count, I had to refill ink cartridges after about 25 pages of mixed color and B&W. These pages were not photographs, they were very simple flyer-type pages. If I had known how costly the ink was, and HOW OFTEN IT NEEDED TO BE REPLACED, I would never have purchased this printer.
Frequent Contributor

If you use the instant ink program the ink comes out to 6 cents a page. The high retail value includes the cost of the software bundle.