Respected Contributor

Yes, it's from the competing network, and it turns out to be a good deal. I have a friend who makes all her acquaintances go get a spin-mop and this deal surprised me.

It's the July 21 TV and has a dolly under the mop bucket, which is what makes it a particularly good deal at the offer price. You can get a small discount on the refill mop heads (and they have scrubber or duster mop heads as well.)

Honored Contributor

I would love to get one. But I keep thinking about storing the bucket and mop. Oh My! It would have to be next to my 2 floor steam cleaners, my spot cleaner, my upright vacuum, my cordless stick vacuum and my canister Dyson. I am running out of room with all these "have to have" cleaning items.

Honored Contributor

Is the an improved spin mop? As in the handle won't break and you won't break your back lifting the bucket???

Respected Contributor
On 7/21/2014 songbird said:

Is the an improved spin mop? As in the handle won't break and you won't break your back lifting the bucket???

I don't know if it's improved--there is a lot on the web about the original ones having a weak lever. As to breaking your back, water weighs what water weighs--a gallon of water weighs approximately 8 pounds. Since the bucket is 2 gallons, but you'd probably not fill it to the top, it's going to weigh 12 pounds if filled with 1.5 gallons of water.

There is a one year limited warranty on the bucket. I suspect it is not sturdy--tromping too heavily on the pedal would be an issue as the gears are all plastic. It's all in how you treat it. It's not a janitor grade mop bucket. Some people report the mop joints are flimsy. I usually duct tape mine. If you wanted a more sturdy janitor mop bucket, the professional kind is a bit more, without mop, but it's the lever wringer type that is by design, a lot more dependable. http://amzn.to/1ntAkd7

As to storage, that IS an issue. I keep my buckets in the garage.

Respected Contributor

Had two of them and both broke. I actually liked it but the pedal seems to go after a while.

Honored Contributor

I think they should make ""petites"" in household and garden tools. I always poke myself in the eye with those long handles..........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor
On 7/21/2014 Desertdi said:

I think they should make "petites" in household and garden tools. I always poke myself in the eye with those long handles..........

I wish they'd make tall. I find the handles short on a lot of mops. But I agree, a short mop would be great as many women fall in the 5'2" - 5'4" height range.

Contributor

I have a ocedar spin mop i bought at wal-mart. They sell the replacement mop heads. The handle is also adjustable.

Honored Contributor

I LOVE my spin mop!!! Got it from ShopHQ as a once only (under $30) with free shipping and 6 value pays, a couple years ago!!! How can you pass up that kind of deal. There is a bit of a learning curve but once you get the hang of it it is great. I dampen the mop and use it to swab down my mini blinds--no streaking and they dry fast. Don't have the caddy altho I would love that. Mop heads wash up fine and I store the bucket in the laundry area. No problem with the peddle on mine. I use it every 2 weeks or so. Actually look forward to mopping.

Honored Contributor
On 7/21/2014 Campion said:
On 7/21/2014 Desertdi said:

I think they should make "petites" in household and garden tools. I always poke myself in the eye with those long handles..........

I wish they'd make tall. I find the handles short on a lot of mops. But I agree, a short mop would be great as many women fall in the 5'2" - 5'4" height range.

I'm the same height I was in the 8th grade........ya think I would have figured something out by now.........like how to saw the handle down without leaving a raw stump...............(!)

♥Surface of the Sun♥