Occasional Contributor

I am new to this forum business so please bear with me if I don't do it properly.

I have purchased tens of thousand of dollars worth of merchandise from QVC over the years and a good bit of it has been Denim and Company. I found it was mostly consistent in sizing and quality. It seems like the last couple of years that has not been the case. I don't care for the 5% spandex they are now using in tops. It makes them too hot for Florida where I live. Some of the styles are downright ugly. Don't get me wrong, I still find things I love in D&C, but I have to look a lot harder and the quality and style doesn't seem to be as good as in the past. Do they have new designers ? Or is it just me?

Respected Contributor

You could have posted under the Fashion Forum/Denim & Co. and maybe get more replies. I'm pretty sure this topic has been covered a lot before. Glad you can still find some things you like from Denim & Co. You just have to be careful and selective about what you purchase. What I don't understand is all the tunics. Sometimes people look nice in them but not always.

Honored Contributor
BRING BACK THE 100% cotton tees that used to come as sets of 4, charge $18+ shipping for them, and I'll STILL buy them 4 at a time!
Respected Contributor

I agree that Denim & Co is about the only predictable line I can order size-wise. Every line and every designer seems to have their own interpretation of sizing. I do have great luck with Bob Mackie - I can always count on him to fit me today as he did years ago. I really like the couple of things I've received from Linea. Nice quality, but I think designed for someone who is a little taller and less curvy than me. The one that has gone nutty on fit (IMHO) is Quacker Factory. I have many things from when Jeanne was alive and in control. Now it's how many sequins can we stick on. I received two shirts yesterday that are about six inches different in the chest area. (This isn't because of the style).

Unlike you, I really like the addition of a little spandex in the D&C shirts. It helps them keep their shape, and here in SE Louisiana, iI don't find it makes a difference in summer comfort. I'm retired, so the more casual things fit into my lifestyle, but I like to add a little classy stuff once in a while, so Mackie and Linea suit me well in that category.

Aside from clothing, let's hope for a low hurricane season. Hits us both hard sometimes! Have a happy, healthy summer.

Respected Contributor

I've come to appreciate the 95/5 tops from D & Co. because the cotton tops seem to either shrink or misshapen for me. However, I do live in a northern state so I can appreciate that it is too hot for you in Florida. There are some other lines here that have all cotton tops - LCNY or Isaac to name a couple.

Respected Contributor

Different strokes for different folks. I think they have lots of choices. I won't buy 100 % cotton so hope they continue to offer choices.

Honored Contributor
On 7/14/2014 traveler said:

Different strokes for different folks. I think they have lots of choices. I won't buy 100 % cotton so hope they continue to offer choices.

traveler, you couldn't FORCE those old tees to wrinkle. They were PERFECT. I still wear one, and it's about 20 years old!
Super Contributor

I like the 95/5 mix in tops because it maintains it's shape, all cotton stretches out, but the sizing is very inconsistent in both tops and bottoms.

Honored Contributor
On 7/14/2014 violann said: BRING BACK THE 100% cotton tees that used to come as sets of 4, charge $18+ shipping for them, and I'll STILL buy them 4 at a time!

I believe those were sport savvy which they no longer have on QVC.

Honored Contributor

I don't really need another jacket but I have for many years owned a D&Co hoodie with a matching flowered t shirt that I wear very often so this set today interests me.I just can't set my mind on a color.

As for t shirt fabric - my preference is 50/50 poly cotton blend. Soft, keeps it's shape, doesn't wrinkle and breathes and does not fade.