Super Contributor

Glad I was watching the presentation at 8:00 am central time...I was sitting on the fence about buying. Watched the presentation cooking the fresh chicken breast and the frozen steak and 2 frozen twice baked potatoes.

First, just looking at the items the steak looked not so good to me...I like a little charring, although I order my steaks medium rare. One of the baked potatoes was really, really over brown while the other looked pale by comparison. Then when he cut into the chicken it was not done in the center.

Second reason I was on the fence was because if you were cooking frozen poultry how are you getting the giblets out of the cavity? I don't see them washing the chicken and patty it dry.

So, I am off the fence...no NuWave Pro for me.

Honored Contributor

Yeah, I think I saw the one you're talking about but I read the reviews which are mostly excellent. I went to Amazon and read reviews there as well and got advice from one person who gave a good review...cook a minute or two longer than the directions say. Also, use a thermometer. It's what I do for the oven anyway. Most said that the meat tasted better. in the NuWave. There's a learning curve, for sure, but I ordered it. I also looked at YouTube videoes before deciding,

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Esteemed Contributor

That chicken cooked with the frozen steak was still raw. Passing it off as done is gross!

Honored Contributor

I saw the disgusting raw chicken too.{#emotions_dlg.glare}

Then I heard Carolyn say, "Look! It's done perfectly!" {#emotions_dlg.blink}

(Ew...)

New Contributor
So, tell me what do you do about the giblets and neck insude the frozen bird. I need to eat more protein per my Doc. Of course, everything is frozen. I am hoping this resolves that issue.
Respected Contributor

I noticed the same thing about the beef and chicken not being thoroughly cooked through. I guess you would just have to cook it a little long. I also was wondering about the giblets that come inside a chicken. I always remove them before cooking. If it's a frozen chicken how the heck would you get them out. I am passing. I bought the Ninja 3-1 about a month ago and love it. A whole chicken comes out so moist and tender. I prefer my steaks on a real grill also. I guess it would be good for some things, but I don't need another big appliance in my kitchen.

Valued Contributor
I watched a presentation. I am not a fan of cooking meat from frozen. I had a jet steam convection oven in the 90's. I think this is basically the same thing. I did like it but after about a year the outside cracked I replaced it and that one cracked too. I'm happy with my Ninja cooker so I'll stick with that.
Super Contributor
Maybe if you have a Nuwave, you would wash and prepare your chickens for the Nuwave and then freeze them? I think when they try to do too many different foods at the same time that it gets yucky. Just show chicken alone and it would probably be okay.
Valued Contributor
On 3/23/2014 Cardamom said: I watched a presentation. I am not a fan of cooking meat from frozen. I had a jet steam convection oven in the 90's. I think this is basically the same thing. I did like it but after about a year the outside cracked. I'm happy with my Ninja cooker so I'll stick with that.

I had one too and used a couple times and sold it.

TSV is not for me and I don't need kitchen gadgets any more. I have had more things I used a few times and just taking up space.

Honored Contributor

In my world, this TSV is what I consider a useless gadget. It's something I would never want or use.

If it's your thing, more power to you.