Super Contributor

New to It cosmetics . Opinions on It TSV ?

I'm tempted to order , but would like to hear other's opinions on the CC cream . Also, the mascara " tight line " eyeliner wand ....is there a learning curve to using it ? Does it leave a nice, even, eyeliner line ? They didn't show close- ups at midnight , of the models using it . Is the lip color an uncomfortable sticky gel or nicely moisturizing ? Thanks for advice ; much appreciated . Smiley Happy
Respected Contributor

Re: New to It cosmetics . Opinions on It TSV ?

I can't tell you about the cc cream because I haven't used it but there is another thread about the It Cosmetic TSV. I am a fan and have been purchasing It Cosmetics for almost 2 years (in July). I have also purchased some individual products during the first four months of using It Cosmetics. After that, it seems that I get many of the new products in the TSVs. I have purchased every TSV because they are such good values and I like the products and the brushes although I hope the quality of the brushes do not go down in the TSV as was the case in Dec 2013.

I have the tight line original mascara and there is no learning curve. Your chance of smudging is reduced greatly because the brush is thinner. It's actually easier to use on your lower lashes. When Jaime first introduced the tight line, she said to use this under your regular mascara.

The lip glosses that I have are moisturizing but I have to be honest, nothing stays on for hours....nor does any other company's product.

I have the original celebration foundation and the new one that was introduced with the TSV in December.. I prefer the original celebration foundation in the black compact. I used to wear liquid/cream foundations but decided that I would like to try using a powder which I have been doing. I don't like that heavy feeling that liquid foundation usually gives me. I was comfortable enough with It Cosmetics that I decided to try this foundation to see how I felt about it and it sounds like this extra large tube will last me a very long time. I just ordered the TSV in medium.

One last point, I would like to make is that It Cosmetics can be used by women of all ages.

Respected Contributor

This is the 4 th day I have used mine but after watching the presentation I applied it as she did, put a tiny dab on the back of my hand instead of pumping a few dabs on the top of my brush, did work much better and also used much less.

I am a fair to light complexion and glad I ordered in light, is perfect for me. I have fair skin with dark hair and hazel eyes. I also have very dry skin so, the first time I used this I put my serum on than a moisturizer which I found out I didn't need and looks much nicer without the moisturizer but I do use my Olay Regenerist serum under it, works perfect for my dry skin. Don't put a moisturizer on under it though, really don't need anything at all under this but I just prefer my OOO Regenerist serum, just me.

This is also a full foundation, not just a CC cream like so many out there, will get full coverage while feeling very light on the skin which will be great with the hot humid weather gets here. I don't like a lot of product on my face in the summer so this will be fantastic for that.

With this I find I don't even need my concealer which I use at the corner of one eye, tears, and have a red spot between my eyes so, when all finished I just ''paint'' a little more of this IT CC cream foundation over those 2 spots and good to go.

The light gives me just a hint of pink on my cheeks which do have a slight natural pink anyway but I find on me the light is neutral which is good for me and on me anyway, no yellow which I don't like, makes me look very sallow.

I too love the Love lip gloss, (this is brand new in this kit) wore than every day since getting it as well. I am still on the fence with the mascara though, am not much for tight lining and really love my Benefit They're Real mascara but only in the mini since I find it much easier to apply and use. I also don't like or use waterproof mascara.

I am very glad I went on AD for this TSV, great deal for a great kit and just LOVE this IT CC cream foundation. It feels very light on me but than I don't use very much at all, will be great for me come the hot humid summer.

After the first shipment it will be $10 cheaper, very good deal since you would pay $38 for 1.08 both here or at Ulta and after this first shipment since you don't get the brush again it is $49.99 plus S&H, can't count tax since you pay that anyplace and you get 2.53 ounces, great.

Super Contributor

I have to mix 'fair' and 'medium' in about a 2-1 ratio. Light is far too 'yellow'. (In BE, I use fairly light).

Love the CC cream. I gave the Tight Line to DGD - She's in love with it, as she has light lashes. I like the Cream Gloss. I pre-ordered and received my three TSVs last month.

This TSV is a good value even if you bought it just for the CC cream. Because I mix, I did two fair and one medium; took AD, but these three should last me some time.

Regular Contributor

I have no experience with the mascara, but the CC Cream is wonderful. Great coverage like nothing I've ever tried. Not a big fan of their lipsticks or lip glosses as they just don't work for me as far as staying put. Their brushes are fabulous, so I'd say 50% of this TSV is great. The rest aren't really my taste.

Respected Contributor

I'm still on the fence about this as I watched the presentation last night. I'm in hesitation because the before and after photos didn't look good to me.

The after photos with the CC cream didn't look like natural skin. I probably won't order.

Frequent Contributor

I have bought many of the IT products. I believe all are made in China. I won't buy anymore because I haven't noticed much staying power, and they are rather expensive. I thought the powder blushes were pretty, but they didn't stay on for more than an hour or two, even with primer. Eye shadows are pretty, but they don't last, either. I need more for my money, and I DON'T want it made in CHINA. If they have found funky stuff in their baby formula, why would they care what gets into cosmetics bound for the U.S?

Regular Contributor

If you don't mind snail secretion in the cc cream, go for it.

Not all of their cosmetics are made in China; the celebration foundation and hello lashes mascara is made in the U.S.

Don't make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option.
Super Contributor

Thank you , everyone , for all the detailed information . I like that it's lightweight . I didn't realize it was made in China , which I don't like . Plus snails ? Wow. I used to use Cover Girls nature luxe creamy foundation in a tube at drugstore , just dabbing around as a concealer here & there and blending . I like a natural look. However , they stopped making it . It glided on like silk .....never found another with that light, silky texture . I'm going to have to think about this now . Thanks again for taking time to write all this info ! Have a good week Smiley Happy
Super Contributor

Just checked online re: snail secretion filtrate . Seems it has healing properties for the snail when injured & claims it benefits human skin. Looks like it's in many products , especially Asian cosmetics/anti-aging creams . I'd prefer a plant extract to do that over a snail tho ! Lol. Oh well .