Guaranteed Delivery
110 Members and 18733 Guests Online

TSV Talk

Vitamix 7500 Blender

Started 1354293301.383 in TSV Talk | Last reply 1354627757.587 by debc

Hello! I got an email with the sneak preview of the Vitamix 7500 Blender.

Can someone tell me what this will do better than my Kitchen Aid blender that I have? I have never had problems blending anything with it but I am hearing so much about the Vitamix that I was hoping someone could tell me what more it will do since it costs so much.

Thank you very much!

Page 1 of 1
christineac1354298234.8774 PostsRegistered 11/24/2012
If you go to the Vitamix website (vitamix.com), you can find details on the capabilities of the 7500. I currently have a Kitchen Aid blender that I'm considering upgrading, as well. I'm on my third Kitchen Aid blender in about 5 years. Though really all lI use them for is making smoothies, crushing ice, etc., I haven't found them to be particularly reliable. I'm hoping that the great reputation of the Vitamix blenders will prove true. I don't mind spending the extra money, if it means I can stop having to spend $100 everytime my Kitchen Aid craps out. Can I ask what price you were quoted in the email you reeceived? Thanks!

beachgirl641354303069.06101 PostsRegistered 10/1/2012
On 11/30/2012 christineac said: If you go to the Vitamix website (vitamix.com), you can find details on the capabilities of the 7500. I currently have a Kitchen Aid blender that I'm considering upgrading, as well. I'm on my third Kitchen Aid blender in about 5 years. Though really all lI use them for is making smoothies, crushing ice, etc., I haven't found them to be particularly reliable. I'm hoping that the great reputation of the Vitamix blenders will prove true. I don't mind spending the extra money, if it means I can stop having to spend $100 everytime my Kitchen Aid craps out. Can I ask what price you were quoted in the email you reeceived? Thanks!

The email says it is an upcoming TSV. TSV price 469.00 with 5 easy pays and free S&H. Six colors. Says New and improved 64-oz container fits under cabinets. 12-in-1 variable speed blender.

57babe1354304050.7478638 PostsRegistered 8/21/2010

I'd suggest getting the TSV Vitamix -- it is a fantastic machine.

The easy-pay option makes it affordable.

If you don't like it -- you can always send it back...

But you won't just like it -- I think you'll LOVE it! Wink

bear1354305817.287420 PostsRegistered 11/12/2007

Vitamix makes hot soup, ice cream, peanut butter, smoothies that you can put the peel in and it will pulverize that up also. Just a great machine.

Gianelle1354456428.603321 PostsRegistered 10/9/2011

The Vitamix does *everything* better than your Kitchenaid blender. I am not exaggerating. About 6 months ago there was a KitchenAid TSV...I think it was a stand mixer. During the day they were also selling the hand mixer, blender, etc. In the morning, live on air they tried to do a deminstration with the bender and the blender would not work. They never brought the blender out again for the rest of the weekend. I posted about it back then. Others saw it too. Watch the presentations of the Vitamix today on QVC and buy one. Use it every day or every 2 days for a few weeks. You won't regret your purchase. On Thanksgiving I used mine about 6 times for 6 different things: salad dressing, fruit coulis, quinoa flour, cranberry sauce, plus various blending and chopping.

harv1354457636.773383 PostsRegistered 11/20/2010

The Ninja Blender does basically the same thing as the vitamix and its cheaper- especially if your only going to use it to make frozen drinks, smoothies etc.

sheep121354463082.5625 PostsRegistered 7/1/2009

why would you spend 500 on a blender. the other one do the same for way less money. guess you people have money to burn.

Wadzlla1354463622.7471994 PostsRegistered 2/25/2009

I have a vitamix, and use it daily. But I can think of nothing I am blending or mixing that requires a $500.00 machine. The price is just nuts, IMHO.

millieshops1354463652.58715518 PostsRegistered 3/15/2007
On 12/2/2012 harv said:

The Ninja Blender does basically the same thing as the vitamix and its cheaper- especially if your only going to use it to make frozen drinks, smoothies etc.

Yep - I have the Ninja and a mixer already. Because I don't cook a whole lot any more - and rarely for more than 2 people, I just can't justify a Vitamix. Still, I watch the presentations. I've even stood and watched the live demonstrations at my local Costco. That machine is practically hynotizing, perfect for tv and live demos! I want one even though it makes no sense for me to have one.

CITYKITTY1354464833.5731 PostsRegistered 12/2/2012

I love my Vitamix. Have the Professional 500 with pulse stainless. This new model is the closest to mine that's on the market. Most Vitamixs don't have the Pulse but this new model does. Having the lower pitcher is going to be wonderful to go under counter. My model came with the TALL 64 oz pitcher so I had to purchase the 48 oz separate to get under counter. This new model also will be quieter with a little more motor power. I purchased my Vitamix this past summer so I can't get this new model, but I sure would if I didn't have mine. GO FOR IT!!! Rare you can find a Vitamix discounted. It WILL last forever...like a Timex. Once you have one you will never look at another blender. I have owned almost every brand on the market and decided to make a smart move and get the best.

bellarosa1354470337.267288 PostsRegistered 1/7/2005
Sheep....I certainly do not have any extra money to burn. However, my current Vitamix has lasted over 15 years. Just recently the container broke while I was making a green smoothie. I definitely got my money's worth. The green smoothies I make cannot be done as well in most other household blenders. This totally liquifies any vegetable, fruit.....whatever you put in it including the seeds such as in raspberries and strawberries. The Ninja does not compare. So it depends on what you use it for. By eating healthier, greener, high vegan, I have lost over 30 lbs in 5 months very easily, am off all of my diabetes medicine and my cholesterol is much improved. To me that is definitely worth the cost.

Mama Deb1354484926.952219 PostsRegistered 9/26/2006
On 12/2/2012 millieshops said:
On 12/2/2012 harv said:

Yep - I have the Ninja and a mixer already. Because I don't cook a whole lot any more - and rarely for more than 2 people, I just can't justify a Vitamix. Still, I watch the presentations. I've even stood and watched the live demonstrations at my local Costco. That machine is practically hynotizing, perfect for tv and live demos! I want one even though it makes no sense for me to have one.

I own the Ninja as well and there is NO comparision between these two the VITAMIX wins hands down!

Krimpette1354546150.6810410 PostsRegistered 9/7/2007MidAtlantic

I finally caved and ordered one before the black ran out. It really did seem like a good value and I'm pleased that it will fit under my cupboards. An added benefit was the 6% rebate on mrrebates! I had almost forgotten about that! Anxious to receive my very first Vitamix!

SiameezeLo­ver!1354549378.61848 PostsRegistered 5/5/2006Green Mountains :)

The other thing with a Vitamix is that their customer service is USA based and excellent - the best customer service I have ever had. The machine I was calling about was my 15 y.o. Vitamix - fair beyond the warranty - but they still treated me decent. My husband was so very impressed - it was his Vitamix before he met me. I thought he was crazy spending that kind of money on what I thought was just a blender.

Other blenders can not handle the sure volume and bulk of food that the Vitamix just tears through like butter and liquifies. I have used mine to make rice flour - I have to eat gluten free - I finally bought the dry blender container. I have learned to really love the Vitamix since I've gotten sick with all kinds of food allergies and celiac disease. The Vitamix replaces a grain grinder for me along with the blender and chopper...

I ordered the TSV and will probably give my daughter my 5200 Vitamix. If the 7500 doesn't seem that much different than my 5200 than I will send it back..It is a lot of money I must confess. The machines do last and they can be repaired for about $95 - they will fix it - put on a new plastic housing and pay shipping both ways.

The Ninja or Montel Williams I don't believe are repairable and they don't have a warranty like VM and I doubt their customer service is as good as VM

People need to just what they will use the VM for and weigh it..a Kitchen Aid blender despite what Consumer Reports says - can not do what the Vitamix does - it would be like saying a Ford Mustang is the same as a Lamborghini (and I like Ford Mustangs)

debc1354627757.5572913 PostsRegistered 10/27/2009
On 12/2/2012 Mama Deb said:
On 12/2/2012 millieshops said:
On 12/2/2012 harv said:

I own the Ninja as well and there is NO comparision between these two the VITAMIX wins hands down!

Absolutely. I have both and I use my ninja for small things like chopping an onion.

Cheese with that whine?

Page 1 of 1