Dooney Days
95 Members and 18158 Guests Online

TSV Talk

TARTE TSV

Started 1353345929.873 in TSV Talk | Last reply 1354071743.86 by SpaGal

Any ideas of what the Tarte TSV will be in December?

Page 1 of 1
peenutbutta1353598328.2864 PostsRegistered 11/13/2010
According to the November Inside Q magazine there is a Tarte today special value on November 28th.

GreenEyedG­irl1353604036.7132143 PostsRegistered 11/19/2007Beautiful Maryland

It's a 28-piece set called Treat Yourself to Gorgeous - You can see it if you go to Musings of a Muse website - it's a beauty blog and she ordered it early and reviewed it.

It's less than $50 (before s/h & taxes) - and looked like a great deal, so I ordered it early. Unfortunately I returned it because the eyesshadow was powdery with not very much payoff.

It was a palette w/ 20 full sized eyeshadows, 4 full sized eyeliners, and 4 full sized lipglosses.

The eyeliners were nice quality, although too similar in color, in my opinion - black, brown, black-brown, and another that was supposed to be purple that looked more like blackish brown.

I tried the brightest lipgloss and it was very nice, the color was very pretty. But the other 3 were too colorless, in my opinion.

The eyeshadows were beautiful in the pan! I was so disasspointed with them!

The packing of the set was very cool.

"It's never too late to be who you were meant to be."

suzyQ31353690682.5625353 PostsRegistered 3/15/2007
On 11/22/2012 GreenEyedGirl said:

It's a 28-piece set called Treat Yourself to Gorgeous - You can see it if you go to Musings of a Muse website - it's a beauty blog and she ordered it early and reviewed it.

It's less than $50 (before s/h & taxes) - and looked like a great deal, so I ordered it early. Unfortunately I returned it because the eyesshadow was powdery with not very much payoff.

It was a palette w/ 20 full sized eyeshadows, 4 full sized eyeliners, and 4 full sized lipglosses.

The eyeliners were nice quality, although too similar in color, in my opinion - black, brown, black-brown, and another that was supposed to be purple that looked more like blackish brown.

I tried the brightest lipgloss and it was very nice, the color was very pretty. But the other 3 were too colorless, in my opinion.

The eyeshadows were beautiful in the pan! I was so disasspointed with them!

The packing of the set was very cool.

Do you happen to remember if the country where it was manufactured was stated on the package? TIA.

Consciousness is chaos. Our stories - faith, statehood, family, history - are just dreams we invent to give shape to the shapeless, to build a firewall against the void. That it all falls to pieces is part of the point; we're alone together, after all.

winamac11353715406.62331401 PostsRegistered 12/29/2010Indiana
On 11/23/2012 suzyQ3 said:
On 11/22/2012 GreenEyedGirl said:

It's a 28-piece set called Treat Yourself to Gorgeous - You can see it if you go to Musings of a Muse website - it's a beauty blog and she ordered it early and reviewed it.

It's less than $50 (before s/h & taxes) - and looked like a great deal, so I ordered it early. Unfortunately I returned it because the eyesshadow was powdery with not very much payoff.

It was a palette w/ 20 full sized eyeshadows, 4 full sized eyeliners, and 4 full sized lipglosses.

The eyeliners were nice quality, although too similar in color, in my opinion - black, brown, black-brown, and another that was supposed to be purple that looked more like blackish brown.

I tried the brightest lipgloss and it was very nice, the color was very pretty. But the other 3 were too colorless, in my opinion.

The eyeshadows were beautiful in the pan! I was so disasspointed with them!

The packing of the set was very cool.

Do you happen to remember if the country where it was manufactured was stated on the package? TIA.

I think part of it , unfortunately, was China. But, some was made in the USA, aTtnd a few said it had no color payoff. My Too faced set from Sephora also was c a r a p p y, and it was made in the USA, and it had NO color payoff. I kept it unfortunately.

"Friends don't let friends...drink white zinfandel"

michmom21353875842.047170 PostsRegistered 11/24/2007
I ordered this set and I'm very happy with it. The shadows are mostly neutrals, which I wanted for work. Usually I buy Urban Decay if I want darker, sultry colors. I think the color payoff is pretty good and you can't beat the value. Love the liners and glosses as well. Make sure you use quality brushes like MAC or Sigma, that definitely makes a difference in your makeup application.

suzyQ31353946977.2425353 PostsRegistered 3/15/2007
On 11/25/2012 michmom2 said: I ordered this set and I'm very happy with it. The shadows are mostly neutrals, which I wanted for work. Usually I buy Urban Decay if I want darker, sultry colors. I think the color payoff is pretty good and you can't beat the value. Love the liners and glosses as well. Make sure you use quality brushes like MAC or Sigma, that definitely makes a difference in your makeup application.

Thanks for the info, michmom2. Could you please do me a favor and see whether the country where the palette was manufactured is listed on the product? TIA.

Consciousness is chaos. Our stories - faith, statehood, family, history - are just dreams we invent to give shape to the shapeless, to build a firewall against the void. That it all falls to pieces is part of the point; we're alone together, after all.

dal1353947107.8973626 PostsRegistered 11/15/2007Indiana

There were a couple other threads going about this a week ago maybe and some reviews that stated they were made in China and several people thought the color payoff of the shadows wasn't very good at all. If you do a quick search you might still find them somewhere.

SpaGal1353991035.1533115 PostsRegistered 6/5/2010

I just watched a review on Emily Noel's website and I like this one for all the neutrals. Will give it a try. below is copied directly from the FAQs on Tarte's website

ngredients/testing
Is tarte cruelty free?
Yes. tarte cosmetics is a cruelty-free cosmetics line. tarte makeup and skincare is never tested on animals.


What are tarte's guidelines for international products?
All ingredients and finished formulas tarte uses are tested and based on US FDA requirements before being imported to the US. We only work with highly reputable laboratories and factories that meet the strictest GMP standards, which is an international grading scale for cleanliness and the environment for workers that abide by a strict code of standards. We also test each product ourselves to match our quality standards. Additionally, we are an approved PETA participant; they have audited our non-animal testing procedures.

suzyQ31354034945.7325353 PostsRegistered 3/15/2007
On 11/26/2012 SpaGal said:

I just watched a review on Emily Noel's website and I like this one for all the neutrals. Will give it a try. below is copied directly from the FAQs on Tarte's website

ngredients/testing
Is tarte cruelty free?
Yes. tarte cosmetics is a cruelty-free cosmetics line. tarte makeup and skincare is never tested on animals.


What are tarte's guidelines for international products?
All ingredients and finished formulas tarte uses are tested and based on US FDA requirements before being imported to the US. We only work with highly reputable laboratories and factories that meet the strictest GMP standards, which is an international grading scale for cleanliness and the environment for workers that abide by a strict code of standards. We also test each product ourselves to match our quality standards. Additionally, we are an approved PETA participant; they have audited our non-animal testing procedures.

Thanks, SpaGirl. I'm assuming from the way that this is worded that the products might be made in China. I wouldn't necessarily NOT buy it just because of that; however, most companies in Tarte's price range manufacture their cosmetics either here or in France or Italy.

Consciousness is chaos. Our stories - faith, statehood, family, history - are just dreams we invent to give shape to the shapeless, to build a firewall against the void. That it all falls to pieces is part of the point; we're alone together, after all.

SpaGal1354071743.843115 PostsRegistered 6/5/2010

You are welcome suzyQ! Smile

Page 1 of 1