Creede Silver Sale
58 Members and 11081 Guests Online

TSV Talk

Apple MacBook TSV

Started 1349006562.713 in TSV Talk | Last reply 1349049122.767 by homedecor1

I would love to get this, but this is a car payment that qvc is charging! with tax & shipping it comes out to a whopping 6 payments of $305.45. Of course they are charging more than the Apple store, as the apple store price is only $1,199 for the 13 inch screen & $1,799 for the 15" screen and i dont believe this is the new macbook with the retina display that qvc is selling. If you really want one i would just save & get it from Apple, also some Best Buy stores now offer lay away.

Page 1 of 1
msmeerkat1349007424.247871 PostsRegistered 11/16/2010

Look on amazon, input the Model #. The price will be better and you can see exactly what they're offering. Amazon will probably offer free shipping because it's over a certain $$. Amazon is authorized to sell Apple. When I got my Mac Book Pro, 17", no other vendor had a better price. Good luck.

msmeerkat1349009012.237871 PostsRegistered 11/16/2010

I just looked..amazon sells the same thing (newest version) for $1,139 - 13" MAC BOOK PRO, and $1,649 for the 15" (old version). None of these (amazon & Q are the retina display). The Q says the retail value is $2646...HUH? Not even Apple sells it for that! Since Amazon is offering the old and the new version, you can bet the Q is unloading the old version. Amazon IS offering free shipping but ou have to pay tax.

Last edited on 9/30/2012

Last edited on 9/30/2012

harv1349009939.157383 PostsRegistered 11/20/2010

Yeah thats a shame, that QVC is selling the older model at a high price & have the nerve to charge you for shipping, at that price you should get free next day shipping LOL. And that 13.3 size screen is small, thats like adding 4 more inches to the ipad. I always like 15" inches and up for doing every day computer work.

Last edited on 9/30/2012

Last edited on 9/30/2012

Last edited on 9/30/2012

bklyngirl1349010013.1325 PostsRegistered 11/6/2004
Before spending big bucks on this computer, go to Apple online...they offer interest free financing for 12 months and free shipping!!! Compare the features before buying this from QVC. ...their.price is outrageous. And if you are purchasing this computer for a student, Apple offers student discounts! And make sure to get Apple care extended warranty....it is invaluable!

millieshops1349010418.5714817 PostsRegistered 3/15/2007

When my last computer died, I had intended to try Apple again (My previous one wasn't that great, but I have liked others I've used) Anyway, I shopped at the Apple store 2 minutes from home. Got a price on the 17" because I need the larger screen. I was close to accepting the Apple price - the way I wanted it, with guarantees, classes, word processing (NOT INCLUDED!) and tax, I was at something close to $2400.

As I said, I might have bit, but then the sales associate said - but you won't have to buy another computer for 5 or 6 years. REALLY - that's almost $500/year. That one sentencce sent me off to Costco where I bought the Dell I'm using very happily - with Costco's guarantees and Concierge service - AND I have enough money left in my personal "computer account" to buy several more computers.

Maybe if I used my computer for more graphics, more pictures, more music I'd be willing to pay up. As it is- that's not happening. If I were buying, regardless of price, it has to be from some retailer whose tech service I trust - Apple is fine, but I've also been very pleased with QVC's tech service from Dell and so far, very pleased with Costco's service. Not sure what the support they're selling today is really worth on the open market, but because I have no one who does support in my personal life, I do pay for support on my tech devices. I actually understand why some would buy QVC's offer even though I'm not.

bklyngirl1349010936.23325 PostsRegistered 11/6/2004
Before you decide to buy the mac pro from QVC, check out apple online and compare the features. The price is way less than QVC is charging. Apple also offers free shipping and 12 months no interest financing! And if you are purchasing this computer for a student, apple offers student discounts. I don't see what QVC is offering that you won't get from apple. And the apple care extended care warranty is invaluable!!!

ginger40051349013141.511 PostsRegistered 9/30/2012

I have to agree with the other posts. Unless there are some features I'm missing, this is a highly overpriced macbook. The retail price they list is almost double that directly from apple (and many other retailers for that matter).

millieshops1349013214.5814817 PostsRegistered 3/15/2007
On 9/30/2012 bklyngirl said: Before you decide to buy the mac pro from QVC, check out apple online and compare the features. The price is way less than QVC is charging. Apple also offers free shipping and 12 months no interest financing! And if you are purchasing this computer for a student, apple offers student discounts. I don't see what QVC is offering that you won't get from apple. And the apple care extended care warranty is invaluable!!!

and Apple wanted several hundreds dollars for their extended care warranty when I was shopping with them. What's their current cost for 4 years of warranty? I don't know that.

tc171349013469.17776 PostsRegistered 8/18/2005

Just so the computer illiterate know the truth. Unlike QVCs distorting the truth, 80% of computers on this planet are PCs. That speaks for itself, unlike the snake oil sales job their hosts are claiming. Look it up on google if you don't believe me.

Its just lie after lie out of their mouths.

If you believe what they are selling, then you might as well return any pc you have bought from QVC because they have just trashed everything they have sold in the past.

lovesrecess1349015317.9613721 PostsRegistered 7/14/2008Texas

not sure where they are getting the huge retail value for this MacBook;

the TSV price is more than any other retailer I have found....this is the older model without the retina display, etc.....and I know from personal experience with other computers purchased from QVC that the tech support was less than expected due to the support being purchased through QVC

I would pass on this MacBook and go elsewhere as others have suggested.

catlvr41349018942.34364 PostsRegistered 5/7/2007

Just to add a comment for or two, but the 13 inch doesn't have retina display, even the ones listed on Apple's website. Retina display starts at the 15 inch model. also, there are two different hard drive sizes of 13 inch Mac books.

I am in no way justifying the price QVC is selling theirs, I haven't done the comparison, I am just saying make sure you are comparing apples to apples, yes pun intended. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

We just bought the larger of the two 13 inch macbook pros about 2 months ago and w/ tax we paid $1600 at the apple store.

millieshops1349019715.414817 PostsRegistered 3/15/2007
On 9/30/2012 upsidedown said:

not sure where they are getting the huge retail value for this MacBook;

the TSV price is more than any other retailer I have found....this is the older model without the retina display, etc.....and I know from personal experience with other computers purchased from QVC that the tech support was less than expected due to the support being purchased through QVC

I would pass on this MacBook and go elsewhere as others have suggested.

I had excellent tech support from my QVC-purchased Dell, so I would do it again if I needed a computer. Actually better support than when I'd purchased the computer elsewhere!

I did look up the price of Apple support because you have to add that to the base price shown on Apple or Amazon or wherever. As soon as you add that to the price, the TSV starts to look better as far as price goes. Still, people will decide for themselves - some undoubtedly buy no support, but that would never be me. Also, as good as Apple support is, the last time I used it when my previous apple was just out of basic warranty - their solution was an expensive upgrade (which I would have had to pay to have installed since my fingers would never do it) or a new computer. Went back to Dell - very happily and even though I since replaced that Dell, I still haven't spent as much as th Apple would have been way back then!

QVCrocks!1349026996.13364 PostsRegistered 6/27/2010

Well, I am really on the fence about ordering this Macbook. One techie friend said it's a good deal, then another said what many on here have said....it's priced higher than Apple. Now they do claim the 4 yr tech support costs $1100, but my friend said you don't need tech support, and it's not Apple, it's McAfee tech support. The Adobe Photoshop sells for $100, and the mouse is $69. SOOOOOo......I have the offer in my cart, but I may pull the plug and order from Apple with free shipping. ANy users out there care to comment on how much they actually use tech support? I think Apple still gives you 90 days telephone support for free anyway. Help!!!!

MKR NY1349029554.03468 PostsRegistered 4/28/2007
Go to an Apple store-if one is near you- or Order from them over the phone. This price is way higher and you may not want some of the extras. Yes Apple. Gives you 90 days telephone support BUT there is a year warranty with it. Apple products are the best I have ever used. For the McAfee price you would not want it. It's not Apple reps and Apple reps are awesome. I have the iPad first gen and when they couldn't fix it over the phone with me they sent me a new one! I was so impressed. I own the iPod 4th gen, the iPad 1st gen and the new iPad 3. Never had such amazing customer service. I will get a MacBook Pro in another year but from Apple directly. I had purchased my iPad 1st gen on EBay and it had a few months on the warranty left. I just registered in my name when received so when I called Apple it was covered. Don't fall into the easy pay and pay about $400.00 more than needed. Good luck. Last edited on 9/30/2012 Important! The McAfee included is for "questions on how to hook up or do things on the Mac" and "not" a warranty. You can add an extra warranty beyond the year that comes with it. I saw this on the presentation on tech support.Last edited on 9/30/2012 Last edited on 9/30/2012

Last edited on 9/30/2012

SuzeQNYC1349034906.5971 PostsRegistered 9/30/2012
If you add the MacPro, the case, 1 year of Apple Tech Support, and mouse, it's about $1550. I'm getting it for the easy pay. If you want Apple's credit card, you would do a little better to buy direct, but I'm going with the Q.

janettwokay1349035424.5214 PostsRegistered 3/22/2007
On 9/30/2012 tc17 said:

Just so the computer illiterate know the truth. Unlike QVCs distorting the truth, 80% of computers on this planet are PCs. That speaks for itself, unlike the snake oil sales job their hosts are claiming. Look it up on google if you don't believe me.

Its just lie after lie out of their mouths.

If you believe what they are selling, then you might as well return any pc you have bought from QVC because they have just trashed everything they have sold in the past.

I completely agree with you. The lies that were spewing out of Rick Doimer's and Craig Smith's mouths at midnight had me screaming at my Mac computer. Apple products are indeed vulnerable to viruses and such. Why QVC's corporate lawyers weren't screaming in those men's earpieces to quit lying is beyond me. I have no respect for either of them in regards to electronic equipment. (Note: I am an engineer and know when I'm being lied to.)

In my household, we have 3 Windows-based laptops and 2 Apple desktops. We haven't had any issues with our Windows-based machines (Dell, Asus, Lenovo; note: we've also had other issue-free Windows-based laptops & desktops over the years). According to the lies I heard from the talking heads on QVC's broadcasts today, I should go right out and buy a lottery ticket because my family surely has the luck of the Irish. Sheesh.

lightswitch1349037999.36204 PostsRegistered 1/26/2008

If your into graphics, and design work then get an apple. I have had 3 Dells, HP, Acer & Toshiba. My daughter had a Dell at college that we brought from QVC with the tech support and it was worth it. She went to a college in the "woods" and when the Dell Laptop had a problem service tech came to her dorm to fix over 1.5 hour drive.

HP tech support was the worse I woudl love to get a MAC but can't justify the cost.

Cat Lover ­Dogs too1349038891.097133 PostsRegistered 2/23/2007

I have to put in my "2 cents worth". Fairly recently there was a news report both maintstream, cable and print about a malicious "attack" on Apple computer products. I do not remember the specifics, but I remember thinking that the purchase of Anti-virus software for the Apple products might soar. Because there are fewer Mac's in use would be the reason there are less virus like programs targeting them, at least that is how I am interpretiing the whole thing. I am interested in either a mac or an iPad, but as usual, the forums have saved me money. Thank you to all who post opinions helping the rest of us to make a more informed decision than the hosts really can. The hosts after all, are salespeople and as such, must drive sales.

pickysue1349044304.61860 PostsRegistered 1/2/2010

Just went to the Apple website can get the 13" with the latest t7 750 gb 2.5gbz note which is word; numbers which is excel; support and warranty and classes along with them transferring from my old computer to the new computer for $1886.98 for 12 months interest free for $157.00 per month - better deal @ Apple and the computer is alot better.

homedecor11349049122.7672649 PostsRegistered 6/20/2005

just curious - why McAfee when Apple provides this service with their techs. Just a click of the button and you've got a genius or Apple Tech.

My system is 2 years old & never never needed tech support, or had other problems. They offer the best tutorials too - I made my movies, etc. with just a click and I'm not so literate!

Page 1 of 1