Shoes & Handbags Offers
89 Members and 11377 Guests Online

TSV Talk

bare minerals - faux tan

Started 1337315464.297 in TSV Talk | Last reply 1337520926.74 by freckledone

If the product is used on the body, is there an issue also going out in the sun after it has been applied? What do you use on your face since this is not recommended for the facial area?

Page 1 of 1
pupcakes1337319880.11721296 PostsRegistered 7/29/2006

I wouldn't even consider buying it. Lisa says it's the one she uses & she's always orange and misses the back of her arms. Plus you can tell she uses faux tan.

Life is like a snowstorm...you'll meet a lot of flakes.

blueskies1337321263.57043 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004
They showed a tinted moisturizer, that the models were applying to their faces. Item # A221955 . It has SPF 20 ....is a new product. They mentioned can use instead of makeup if you want. I'm tempted to try it.




gatomadre1337344534.863789 PostsRegistered 2/9/2007

I just wish I knew what those brush bristles are made of. Animal hair is so gross, not to mention cruel.

Patti1431337347688.663118 PostsRegistered 10/17/2005
On 5/17/2012 PinkSugar said:

I wouldn't even consider buying it. Lisa says it's the one she uses & she's always orange and misses the back of her arms. Plus you can tell she uses faux tan.

PinkSugar - your read my mind. I was going to post the same thing. I still can't figure out why Leslie lets Lisa tell everyone she uses this product - it's the worst possible endorsement!

Reiss19801337348965.268218 PostsRegistered 4/15/2011Central NJ /Freehold// Long island NY

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin} Like I said in another post ... about self tanners... Glad I was blessed with a olive {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}complexion.{#emotions_dlg.tt1}

A wagging tail .... and licks a plenty.. Not to mention a buddy for life! Adopt a dog or cat ..SAVE A LIFE!

Rachelle1337349229.041286 PostsRegistered 9/30/2007
On 5/17/2012 PinkSugar said:

I wouldn't even consider buying it. Lisa says it's the one she uses & she's always orange and misses the back of her arms. Plus you can tell she uses faux tan.

{#emotions_dlg.laugh} I'm with you...

wakefield641337352711.05325220 PostsRegistered 10/22/2006

OK...if they want to sell this stuff they should NOT use Lisa as an example. She is completely unevenly orange all the time. I don't think it is meant to be used every single day of your life and Lisa's hands are half white on the bottom and half orange on the top. No thanks.

BecauseCats1337354290.447582 PostsRegistered 8/25/2010

I tried her faux tan once, it never dried! It says it dries in 20 min, after an hour it was still not dry. When I finally got in the shower, it washed off leaving a brown mess in the tub. Too much trouble. I need something that dries quickly. I would never puchase it again.

Need2StopS­pendingNow1337355479.28739 PostsRegistered 12/17/2007Alien Country, NM

I have to agree about Lisa always looking orange and streaky. Last night they kept saying that it doesn't streak. Then they'd show a close-up of Kate and she was totally streaky. hmmmm THAT is not how my skin looked when I used to tan a long time ago. I'll keep my pasty white skin as is, even if I don't look younger, thinner, and more toned!

The only alien I've seen in Roswell, NM is me, a native Californian treated like an alien here!!

california­momofthree1337357025.3935426 PostsRegistered 4/13/2010
On 5/18/2012 Reiss1980 said:

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin} Like I said in another post ... about self tanners... Glad I was blessed with a olive {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}complexion.{#emotions_dlg.tt1}

Same here. I'm Italian and find that self-tanners really don't make a big difference, so I stopped bothering. I tried the Dr. Denese one about 2 years ago or so. I liked that it dried quickly and was clear gel, but the smell was icky and like I said, on my skin, it's kind of pointless. I always joke that I get a tan just taking a cake out of the oven!

fthunt1337357673.591385 PostsRegistered 12/24/2010

LOL You can't blame the product because Lisa misses a portion of her arm! That makes no sense.

I've been using this tanner for several years and love it. However, I do not reapply daily, which perhaps will cause streaking. I apply a light coat - and in 4-5 days I apply another coat. I want just a light golden color to take away the stark winter white.

Love this product!{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Night Owl ­in NJ1337357988.53601 PostsRegistered 7/7/2010Central New Jersey

I am not even considering buying it. Everyone looks way too orange!

gypsy21337358019.581906 PostsRegistered 5/24/2010
On 5/18/2012 fthunt said:

LOL You can't blame the product because Lisa misses a portion of her arm! That makes no sense.

I've been using this tanner for several years and love it. However, I do not reapply daily, which perhaps will cause streaking. I apply a light coat - and in 4-5 days I apply another coat. I want just a light golden color to take away the stark winter white.

Love this product!{#emotions_dlg.wub}

You are so right! Lisa just overuses it so she may not get an even tan. This product works well for me. No orange or streaks if done right!

snipsnapsn­ur1337369408.253311 PostsRegistered 12/12/2010
On 5/18/2012 MardiGras said:

I tried her faux tan once, it never dried! It says it dries in 20 min, after an hour it was still not dry. When I finally got in the shower, it washed off leaving a brown mess in the tub. Too much trouble. I need something that dries quickly. I would never puchase it again.

They ONLY way you could have had this experience was if you applied WAAAAAY too much product. You don't apply it so thick that your skin is deep brown when you're done. You squirt alittle on the brush and swirl it around until it is absorbed. You will notice a light amount of tan and it does dry in about 10-15 minutes. As for the tub mess, unless you poured the bottle in there, it could NEVER happen.

I've used the product successfully for the last 2 years with NO PROBLEM. Like another person said, the streaks are probably from applying every day.

adamsgal421337372278.567148 PostsRegistered 10/7/2006texas

I don't know why they are using Kate to model this, she looks totally unnatural with a tan.

Marienkaef­er1337372521.685715 PostsRegistered 12/15/2008Beautiful San Juan Islands

I was tempted, but I use TanTowel and that is easy and works best for me. Dries in a few minutes (while I'm drying my hair), the smell is nearly non-existent, and lasts for a few days.

Like another poster wrote, I just want some color to take away the porcelain. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

The moral arc of the universe is long, but it bends toward justice.--MLK

RedConvert­ibleGirl1337372813.10713985 PostsRegistered 9/3/2005Pacific NW
On 5/17/2012 Classy Lady said:

If the product is used on the body, is there an issue also going out in the sun after it has been applied? What do you use on your face since this is not recommended for the facial area?

I'm not sure I'm understanding your question about going out in the sun. You would need to apply a lotion with SPF.

I can't speak to what to use on your face since I don't use self-tanners anywhere except my legs. Tan Towel is the best self-tanner out there IMO. It used to be Savage Bronze (found at Sally's) but sadly it's discontinued.

When we shoulder the mantle of compassion no cry goes unheard and no wound goes unhealed. In this world of seemingly endless suffering we have to believe that no one is beyond hope of rescue. Scotlund Haisley, Animal Rescue Corps

banjo1337378235.445124 PostsRegistered 6/16/2006Nebraska

I have been using it for several years. It doesn't look orange on me and it dries quickly for me. I have no problem with it, and on my TV Lisa doesn't look orange.

You can tell who the strong women are, they are the ones building each other up, instead of tearing each other down!

Posh Poodle1337382312.15317 PostsRegistered 6/27/2011

I'm sticking with St. Tropez--much better product than BE because of easier and quicker application with the mousse and hand mitt. BE brush leaves way too many bristles all over the body after self-tanning, and I just got sick of having to pick off the hairs. This is an easy TSV to skip.

GinaV241337389629.5934447 PostsRegistered 7/23/2010

There is no SPF in this product, so you have to use sunscreen when you go out in the sun after you use it.

I did use BE but have switched to St Tropez. I like the mousse and the applicator. i don't tend to miss as much area with it. I'd like the tan towels if I could see where I was applying it.

I have used Dr Denese's self tanner on my face since it is safe for that use.

sparklestar1337390353.42310165 PostsRegistered 1/6/2008
On 5/18/2012 adamsgal42 said:

I don't know why they are using Kate to model this, she looks totally unnatural with a tan.


You know what I found funny, tonight Jacque asked Kate "how many applications do you have" and Kate said two. Now I've seen Kate at least a dozen times between last nights presentation and today. They've applied that stuff over, and over, and over again. She has more than two applications on.

BecauseCats1337459293.893582 PostsRegistered 8/25/2010
On 5/18/2012 snipsnapsnur said:
On 5/18/2012 MardiGras said:

I tried her faux tan once, it never dried! It says it dries in 20 min, after an hour it was still not dry. When I finally got in the shower, it washed off leaving a brown mess in the tub. Too much trouble. I need something that dries quickly. I would never puchase it again.

They ONLY way you could have had this experience was if you applied WAAAAAY too much product. You don't apply it so thick that your skin is deep brown when you're done. You squirt alittle on the brush and swirl it around until it is absorbed. You will notice a light amount of tan and it does dry in about 10-15 minutes. As for the tub mess, unless you poured the bottle in there, it could NEVER happen.

I've used the product successfully for the last 2 years with NO PROBLEM. Like another person said, the streaks are probably from applying every day.

I'm glad that you've had good luck with it. But it DID happen, I didn't use "WAAAAAY" too much, and I didn't drop the bottle in the tub. geeezzzz!

freckledone1337520926.73332 PostsRegistered 3/24/2007

I have used this for years. I have never had a problem with looking orange. It looks like a real tan. I'm thinking that the hosts looking orange has to do with the cameras.

Page 1 of 1