Give Gorgeous
84 Members and 11768 Guests Online

TSV Talk

Keurig, Keurig, Keurig

Started 1322417821.143 in TSV Talk | Last reply 1324543316.017 by Lindas

Keurig, Keurig, Keurig, Keurig, Keurig, Keurig, Keurig, Keurig, Keurig, Keurig, Keurig,

Keurig, Keurig, Keurig, Keurig, Keurig, Keurig, Keurig, Keurig, Keurig, Keurig, Keurig,

ENOUGH ALREADY .....

- Good enough is good enough!! -

Page 1 of 2
akaGoldie1322418131.915712 PostsRegistered 4/14/2010Mid America
It's as bad as dell Dell dell !!!!!!

Yahooey1322418413.394453 PostsRegistered 7/9/2010
15 million dollars. Ka-ching!

Subject1322418496.93711269 PostsRegistered 2/24/2007

if not Keurig- it is hours of Bose, Clarisonic, computers or some other BORING item I would never buy. I buy less and less from QVC since they have only 4 items that they sell and recycle over and over again.{#emotions_dlg.huh}

akaGoldie1322418697.3735712 PostsRegistered 4/14/2010Mid America
I think every body is sick to death of the boring selection!

neineih1322419554.69836 PostsRegistered 6/19/2011

I actually 0rdered this TSV.

I've been thinking about a Keurig for a long time, my SO has 2 of them, one in his kitchen the Platinum model and a small one in his guest bedroom.

I love the machine, but, I was hoping to find a really good sale and I never have, locally.

So, since it's been a long time since I put anything on EP, I decided to go for it and get myself a Christmas present.

I work full time and on the week-ends, sitting down to watch any TV, much less home shopping is low on my list of to do's.

QVC's programming is irrelevant to me, since, I only watch if there is something I want to see. I imagine it does get very boring if you watch all the time.

icezeus1322426568.8274570 PostsRegistered 10/30/2010Southern California

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but this is how it's going to be for the rest of the year. Whatever the TSV is for that day will be what they present repeatedly. That's why we have books, the outdoors, movies, and other channels on the TV to watch.

Speaking of which, it's time for me to jump of the computer and open my book.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Last edited on 11/27/2011

Desertdi1322426614.70716000 PostsRegistered 7/14/2007Surface of the Sun

I would be interested in knowing if anybody ever made a "price per cup" study on this.

queendiva1322427813.833456 PostsRegistered 9/22/2006

Must be working. Two of my sisters who order infrequently from the Q bought Keurig TSVs today.

gigot1322427962.1535299 PostsRegistered 10/22/2010

DISTILLED WATER, DISTILLED WATER,DISTILLED WATER........ Trust me,Brita or filtered water no good. You need Distilled water and no hot cocoa use for longevity as per a co. rep and those company coffee guys who service offices. Trust me.

neineih1322428086.343836 PostsRegistered 6/19/2011
On 11/27/2011 Desertdi said:

I would be interested in knowing if anybody ever made a "price per cup" study on this.

It's a coffee maker. It's in your budget or it isn't. I actually just changed my EP to paying for it in full.

I don't want to pay for a coffee maker over 6 months.

I've used the Keurig enough to know that I really like it and it works for me, so {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}I don't need a study.

CharmTx1322428097.45974 PostsRegistered 4/5/2009Deep in the heart of Texas
On 11/27/2011 Desertdi said:

Actually, I did this after I got my Keurig 3 years ago. I make my own mixture of coffee (3 different brands) and use the My K-Cup. It came to 28 cents per 20 oz mug. If I make a 10 oz cup it is 14 cents. It took some figuring (must have had time off from work and was bored or something), but I wanted to see what it was costing me as opposed to stopping by Starbucks (way too handy, our Starbucks is right on my way to work). I will never be without my Keurig. I've had it for 3 years with no problems, but I want this new one. I'm about to cave and order it through Mr. Rebates.

neineih1322428329.527836 PostsRegistered 6/19/2011
On 11/27/2011 gigot said:

DISTILLED WATER, DISTILLED WATER,DISTILLED WATER........ Trust me,Brita or filtered water no good. You need Distilled water and no hot cocoa use for longevity as per a co. rep and those company coffee guys who service offices. Trust me.

Sorry WinkI don't trust you.

My SO has 2 at home and we have one in our Dietary office. We always use tap water and it works just fine.

The hot cocoa I don't know about, but, I'm not a hot cocoa drinker and if I was going to brew that, it would be so rarely, I can't imagine it would be a problem.

gonnab1322428386.0273035 PostsRegistered 8/10/2007Conn.

I fail to see the economy of this coffee maker. I live alone, drink 2 cups of coffee per day, and use a Mr. Coffee 4-cup pot ( which basically is 2 mugs of coffee). It brews in 1 min. and originally cost $10.99. I use Dunkin D coffee, which is a 12 oz bag costing $6.99 per bag and use 2 scoops per pot- have never figured out how many pots I get from one bag. Now - ........pricing K-cups - they cost 11.99 for 18 cups. At 2 K-cups per day, that means that box would last me 9 days. Add to that the cost of the Keurig which is anywhere from 99:99 to 179:99. I KNOW that I get more than 9 days from a bag of Dunkin D and it costs me $6.99! For the life of me, I just can't figure out how people can say that this Keurig is economical!!!!!

And - my nephew is a VP with Green Mountain coffee - the owners of Keurig (or Keurig owns GMC - can't remember which) and I can get it at half price - still don't think it's a deal!!!

age 78, sensitive/combo skin, few fine lines, lack of firmness especially to cheeks, short natural (never colored) grey hair, brown eyes

chickenbutt1322428445.88324318 PostsRegistered 1/16/2006chickentown

Wow, it is major saturation - even more than usual. Kinda hsn-like. They had 4 hours of David's show this morning, during which the Keurig was on 2 or 3 times. Immediately after his show is another full hour of Keurig. holy heck! Guess they must be uber-popular.

Bippity boppity BOOYAH!

gigot1322430499.8275299 PostsRegistered 10/22/2010
On 11/27/2011 neineih said:
On 11/27/2011 gigot said:

Sorry WinkI don't trust you.

My SO has 2 at home and we have one in our Dietary office. We always use tap water and it works just fine.

The hot cocoa I don't know about, but, I'm not a hot cocoa drinker and if I was going to brew that, it would be so rarely, I can't imagine it would be a problem.

Your right not to trust!! Brother,it's not like I am getting a % of sales by posting the truth. Funny actually,and hey, your Keurigs, not mine. Enjoy!Wink

ark1322430893.29734 PostsRegistered 10/19/2004

I have read several people say you have to use distilled water. We are on well water and have had our machine a year and I do keep it cleaned out every 3 months as they recommend and so far we have not had any problems. Of course we do have a household water filter under the house and I don't know if this helps any or not.

As for the hot chocolate, after making a cup, I always run a cup of hot water right behind it to keep the nozzles flushed out. Keurig does remind you this when you call and order the hot chocolate.

I never drank coffee until I got the Keurig for my hubby last year. He only drank instant on the weekends and only a cup or two at that. Since we got the Keurig, ours is on all day long and there are a few brands of coffee that I will drink and several of the hot chocolates that I like (hate that the white hot chocolate has been removed). DH has a lot of different coffee's that he now drinks... thank goodness for Green Mountain and BB and Beyond!

I keep hearing them talking about "hot water on demand" on this TSV... well guess what... I can do the exact same thing on the machine I got last year. So I am not sure what the big deal about this "new feature" is.

Knitgirly1322431165.031730 PostsRegistered 1/23/2007

Could not agree more. I guess thats what the holiday means, TSV saturation. Good thing I have a remote control!!!!

ccassaday1322431540.1031956 PostsRegistered 4/18/2009

QVC isnt meant to sit and watch 24/7. People turn it on and will only watch glimpses and the audience turns over all the time. If you dont like it there are a million more channels and places to shop.

victorian ­vixen1322488486.82481 PostsRegistered 6/15/2008Fl

They are literally shoving the TSV's down our throats. First they have an hour long Keurig show, then they start whatever the next show is with the TSV and we see it again for another half hour.

Everytime I turned QVC on since Thanksgiving there is another electronic product. SOOOOO sick of their programming.

Not watching anymore.....don't like the changes, or the loud mouth obnoxious & rude hosts. This is not the Q I started watching over 20 yrs. ago. They are no longer soft sell.

QVC IS FOR THE RICH !!

jmho

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened. "
(Anatole France)

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
― Charles Dickens

harv1322497022.153383 PostsRegistered 11/20/2010

I have been using reg tap water for almost 2 years with mine and no problems...I already have the single serve unit and wanted to upgrade- a friend said he wanted my single serve & i said maybe after a month, have to see if this one works first. Because everytime something brand new comes out, they have problems.

Hudsongrl1322500698.54524 PostsRegistered 12/3/2006
On 11/27/2011 gonnab said:

I fail to see the economy of this coffee maker. I live alone, drink 2 cups of coffee per day, and use a Mr. Coffee 4-cup pot ( which basically is 2 mugs of coffee). It brews in 1 min. and originally cost $10.99. I use Dunkin D coffee, which is a 12 oz bag costing $6.99 per bag and use 2 scoops per pot- have never figured out how many pots I get from one bag. Now - ........pricing K-cups - they cost 11.99 for 18 cups. At 2 K-cups per day, that means that box would last me 9 days. Add to that the cost of the Keurig which is anywhere from 99:99 to 179:99. I KNOW that I get more than 9 days from a bag of Dunkin D and it costs me $6.99! For the life of me, I just can't figure out how people can say that this Keurig is economical!!!!!

And - my nephew is a VP with Green Mountain coffee - the owners of Keurig (or Keurig owns GMC - can't remember which) and I can get it at half price - still don't think it's a deal!!!

I totally agree with you. We have a Cusinart coffee maker and make a pot ( 8 cups) per day. We buy Dunkin Donuts coffee for about $7.99/bag and that lasts us a little over a week. So, let's say I buy3 bags per month which would be $24.00 per month on coffee. If i were using K-cups at an average of 50 cents per cup, I would be spending $4/day or $120/month just on coffee. IMO, that is crazy. Of course Keurig likes to compare the cost of the k-cups to drinking coffee at Caribou or Starbucks, but they never compare thier cost to just making a pot of good coffee in a good coffee maker at home. This is great marketing on their part, but honestly I just don't get why so many people buy into this?? I predict this craze to be just that...a craze and over time many will go back to their traditonal coffee makers.

ctinaw1322509041.8771554 PostsRegistered 3/7/2005

Though not as boring as other channels (shopNBC) who only sell watches and jewelry around the clock -

ctinaw1322509212.381554 PostsRegistered 3/7/2005
On 11/27/2011 ark said:

I have read several people say you have to use distilled water. We are on well water and have had our machine a year and I do keep it cleaned out every 3 months as they recommend and so far we have not had any problems. Of course we do have a household water filter under the house and I don't know if this helps any or not.

As for the hot chocolate, after making a cup, I always run a cup of hot water right behind it to keep the nozzles flushed out. Keurig does remind you this when you call and order the hot chocolate.

I never drank coffee until I got the Keurig for my hubby last year. He only drank instant on the weekends and only a cup or two at that. Since we got the Keurig, ours is on all day long and there are a few brands of coffee that I will drink and several of the hot chocolates that I like (hate that the white hot chocolate has been removed). DH has a lot of different coffee's that he now drinks... thank goodness for Green Mountain and BB and Beyond!

I keep hearing them talking about "hot water on demand" on this TSV... well guess what... I can do the exact same thing on the machine I got last year. So I am not sure what the big deal about this "new feature" is.

Hehe - yeah we already have "hot water on demand" on ours too - You just click whatever size you want without a K-cup in it - whoopie! And the rinse feature - same thing. I'd rather they be innovative somehow and actually made a new type of machine rather than giving us the same thing with more buttons. Kind of a waste of engineering there.

Not that I don't love my Keurig - I do love it! I just think this new model is not really that "new"

We use water that has been run through a PUR filter just because I feel the coffee tastes better that way - but we've had our platinum since 2008 with no problems whatsoever.

Last edited on 11/28/2011

Last edited on 11/28/2011

icezeus1322518251.7134570 PostsRegistered 10/30/2010Southern California
On 11/28/2011 Hudsongrl said:
On 11/27/2011 gonnab said:

I totally agree with you. We have a Cusinart coffee maker and make a pot ( 8 cups) per day. We buy Dunkin Donuts coffee for about $7.99/bag and that lasts us a little over a week. So, let's say I buy3 bags per month which would be $24.00 per month on coffee. If i were using K-cups at an average of 50 cents per cup, I would be spending $4/day or $120/month just on coffee. IMO, that is crazy. Of course Keurig likes to compare the cost of the k-cups to drinking coffee at Caribou or Starbucks, but they never compare thier cost to just making a pot of good coffee in a good coffee maker at home. This is great marketing on their part, but honestly I just don't get why so many people buy into this?? I predict this craze to be just that...a craze and over time many will go back to their traditonal coffee makers.

If it's a craze then it has lasted for several years. I never understand why people take such a interest in how other people wish to spend their money.

To each his own.

Hudsongrl1324530780.813524 PostsRegistered 12/3/2006
Really don't care how anyone else spends their money. Simply saying Keurig is not economical for My husband and myself. I still think it is a craze that will fade in time. Oh well, as you say, to each their own..

Page 1 of 2