Boot Boutique
94 Members and 11016 Guests Online

TSV Talk

Feista Ware at Kohls...is this a good price?

Started 1321052420.08 in TSV Talk | Last reply 1322104498.787 by Amy1900

Ok...the RR TSV really has me inspired to get new dishes. Mine are from years ago...maybe even 20 years! and were from sets we bought for $20 each for 8 place settings. You know the ones...off white with blue riims and a set with green rims and apples in the center...what was I thinking???? Even back then, they were probably made in China!

Anyways, I don't like the RR sets at all...the owls look like they will be as dated as my apples soon. And I don't like the white inside the bowls and on the bottom of the plates in the other sets. So, I am looking at the Fiesta placesettings on Kohls.com. I can get a 4 piece placesetting (or 5 pc if I want smaller mugs and saucers) for $28.99 on sale. If I use the 30% coupon code and the free shipping, I think 8 place settings would cost about $162.34 plus tax. Is that a good price??? They seem to have a lot of colors to choose from.

Page 1 of 1
millieshops1321052629.39714705 PostsRegistered 3/15/2007

Amy- I didn't preice out an 8-place setting, but Macy's is also running a Fiesta sale. That would be a good place to try a comparison.

Danibeth1321052741.631734 PostsRegistered 5/17/2007

I think it is great. Of course, look at Macy's, too,

Love my Fiesta. It is so cheerful. And do not like the RR stuff I have seen in person.

Danibeth

happy hous­ewife1321052772.8931212 PostsRegistered 1/4/2007

That Fiesta costs twice what the Rachael Ray set costs. This is why I get upset when people compare Fiesta to Temptations or RR - it is not apples to apples by far. Enjoy what ever you buy.

When faced with senseless drama, spiteful criticism or misguided opinions walking away is the best way to defend yourself.To respond with anger is an endorsement of their attitude. -Dodinsky

maggie-m1321052984.963421 PostsRegistered 8/18/2010

You might want to check out Amazon. My DIL has Fiesta dishes (and loves them!) and I have found some beautiful serving bowls, dishes etc. on Amazon. And it's FREE shipping!!!

Amy19001321053121.56769 PostsRegistered 9/18/2011Ohio
On 11/11/2011 millieshops said:

Amy- I didn't preice out an 8-place setting, but Macy's is also running a Fiesta sale. That would be a good place to try a comparison.

Looked like Macy's also has the placesettings for $28.99...not sure if there is a coupon code but I will google it.

kivah1321053424.6273522 PostsRegistered 7/21/2008oxnard, CA

I just went to Kohls on-line & read some of the reviews. Seems the cups are too small. When I saw the set RR was presenting - the bowls looked very small.

Amy19001321053500.9769 PostsRegistered 9/18/2011Ohio
On 11/11/2011 morning lover said:

That Fiesta costs twice what the Rachael Ray set costs. This is why I get upset when people compare Fiesta to Temptations or RR - it is not apples to apples by far. Enjoy what ever you buy.

Actually, with the Kohls sale and the 30% off coupon code and free shipping code, there is more like a $33 dollar difference in price for 8 placesettings. The RR tsv including shipping would be $129.19 + tax for the 8 placesettings I would need while I believe the Fiestaware would be $162.34 + tax if I order from Kohls. That means Fiestaware will cost only $33.15 more....if my math is right....fighting a little tummy virus over here so I cannot vouch for my math. And I like how the Fiestaware looks much more than the RR. And, if I don't like it, I can take it back to my Kohls store...no return shipping.

Amy19001321053651.227769 PostsRegistered 9/18/2011Ohio
On 11/11/2011 kivah said:

I just went to Kohls on-line & read some of the reviews. Seems the cups are too small. When I saw the set RR was presenting - the bowls looked very small.

I looked at maybe buying the dishes in open stock so I could buy the bigger java mugs, but it seems way more expensive that way. It looks like that Homer Laughlin site has sets that include the java mugs but, even with the buy 4, get a 5th setting free, I think it was still more expensive. I definitely don't want the bowls to be too small...the RR ones did look small. I will need to do more research. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Danibeth1321054140.391734 PostsRegistered 5/17/2007

A lot of the sites are having the same sale on the 4 piece set. I agree that the mugs are too small for me. I do not know if they have the larger mugs anymore or not. I would go to the manufacturer's web site to see what they offer. Macy's has free s&h on $99/over. Amazon free after $25 unless I have not seen a better deal. Fiesta has all sizes of bowls. I have bought several pieces as stand-alone, not part of a place setting. I have platters, pitcher, cream and sugar, salt and pepper, serving bowels. I use it all the time and unlike many other brands I have wasted money on I have never had any chip or fade. Prefer the round plates to the square shape IMHO. But it is is all good.

I think you will be happy if you buy this brand. It is such high quality, lead-free, made in the USA and makes everyone smile!!

When I set my table with the white and turquoise everyone goes crazy for how gorgeous it looks. It is my favorite combination of the colors together. But, I have things of all colors. Although, years ago I saw a clearance sale on a whole table full of a color that was not pretty. A combo of beige, pink, gray, that looked as if it had been a terrible painting mistake. No food would have looked appetizing sitting on it! The sales clerk said that they had sold none of it. I cannot recall the name of the color. Bet it is worth a fortune now as it would be very rare.

We are having beef stew for dinner tonight and will use our large dinner bowls. I am going to use the scarlet one! Or, maybe the chartreuse. My DH always uses the yellow (not marigold). I am thinking of buying some of the items in black as it looks nicer than I would have thought.

Last edited on 11/11/2011

Danibeth

winamac11321055984.130482 PostsRegistered 12/29/2010Indiana

I love the Rachel Ray TSV. If I needed dishes, I'd buy the white BIGTME. I think they are awesome. Fiesta is too clunky and heavy looking.

"Friends don't let friends...drink white zinfandel"

Danibeth1321057668.131734 PostsRegistered 5/17/2007

At first I thought the TSV was made of that "unbreakable" stuff that was all the rage years ago. Melamine? Cannot recall the exact name. Since the TSV is made in China...is it lead-free? I would never buy dinnerware made in China. Rather use paper plates.

Danibeth

Danibeth1321058094.0771734 PostsRegistered 5/17/2007
On 11/11/2011 Danibeth said:

At first I thought the TSV was made of that "unbreakable" stuffa that was all the rage years ago. Melamine? Cannot recall the exact name. It is made in China...is it lead-free? I would never buy dinnerware made in China. Rather use paper plates.

LOL!! Just read the description to see if they mentioned the lead content (could not find any mention of this) Clicked on use and care instructions and love this one:

Never nest the mugs.

Maybe I am seeing things but the pitcure shows several mugs stacked like the Leaning Tower of Piza!

Most of us know better than to do this, but some people are so star-struck by RR that they would argue that if the pic shows it it is okay to do!

Danibeth

BaileyBop1321060104.372540 PostsRegistered 2/20/2008

I purched my FW individually mainly because I have platters instead of plates. Getting 30% off is a good price. I purchased mine from Macy's and Kohls. When purchasing seperatly be sure to check each piece for flaws, especially the platters. I love mine and so do my cats as I use the small round very small bowls for them to eat out of. Just the right size and depth. Of course we are color coordinated, all in red.

Amy19001321060563.417769 PostsRegistered 9/18/2011Ohio
On 11/11/2011 Danibeth said:

At first I thought the TSV was made of that "unbreakable" stuff that was all the rage years ago. Melamine? Cannot recall the exact name. Since the TSV is made in China...is it lead-free? I would never buy dinnerware made in China. Rather use paper plates.

That is exactly what I thought it looks like...those plastic plates they sell at Target for summer for picnics, etc.

Amy19001321060682.567769 PostsRegistered 9/18/2011Ohio

I am thinking of getting 2 settings each of 5 different colors...turquoise, marigold, scarlet, plum and chocolate. What do you all think...will these mix and match well?? The only thing is, Kohls does not have the Marigold...but I like deeper yellow better than pastel/light. Or maybe the lemongrass instead of Marigold???

CalmInTheH­eart1321061574.5137097 PostsRegistered 7/14/2007

I love my Fiesta. I have all different colors and love how the table looks.

Back in the 50s and 60s, we'd go to Grandpa's house and he had the old (leaded) Fiesta. We had so much fun at his house. Using Fiesta now brings back so many wonderful memories. My uncle has Grandpa's Fiesta and I'd love to have just one piece someday for sentimental reasons.

Peace

homedecor11321061775.882622 PostsRegistered 6/20/2005

i'd love to get Fiesta - love the product. I know Kohl's doesn't charge s/h if you order from their kiosk in the store.

My DIL and family have sets dated back to her grandmother -- and they are still using them! So, I would say that is a lasting product made in USA.

And I love you can mix-match the colors. Wish I hadn't already purchased new dishes or that would be my choice!

meezerplee­zer1321064521.121429 PostsRegistered 8/3/2008NC Mountains
On 11/11/2011 Amy1900 said:

I am thinking of getting 2 settings each of 5 different colors...turquoise, marigold, scarlet, plum and chocolate. What do you all think...will these mix and match well?? The only thing is, Kohls does not have the Marigold...but I like deeper yellow better than pastel/light. Or maybe the lemongrass instead of Marigold???

Amy, Kohls has the Marigold place settings and individual pieces on-line and in the store. I got my Marigold pieces from them when they were on sale, with 30% off and free shipping. Great deal! This week, Macy's is also have some good sales and they have Marigold, too. Kohls' Black Friday ad is showing $24.99 for a place setting. The Marigold is very pretty. ALSO, Homer Laughlin announced via FB that they would be discontinuing the chocolate color either at the end of March (I can't exactly remember). Get your now. Love Fiesta.

circles1321065470.04317399 PostsRegistered 5/11/2005N.J.

BON-TON has Fiestaware at $23.97 for a five piece place setting...Lots of colors to choose from....$99.00 gets it home free...also have individual pieces on sale...COMDAYSNV11 is the code....One more thing...if you "Like" them on Facebook... you will get a 30% coupon...

Amy19001321065655.293769 PostsRegistered 9/18/2011Ohio
On 11/11/2011 meezerpleezer said:

Amy, Kohls has the Marigold place settings and individual pieces on-line and in the store. I got my Marigold pieces from them when they were on sale, with 30% off and free shipping. Great deal! This week, Macy's is also have some good sales and they have Marigold, too. Kohls' Black Friday ad is showing $24.99 for a place setting. The Marigold is very pretty. ALSO, Homer Laughlin announced via FB that they would be discontinuing the chocolate color either at the end of March (I can't exactly remember). Get your now. Love Fiesta.

I did find the marigold when I did a search on "fiesta" in Kohls. Don't know why it did not come up when I was looking before. I ordered the lemongrass instead, but I may use the $40 Kohls cash I will get to get 2 sets of the Marigold. And thank you for the heads up ojn the chocolate. I may ask for pieces in that color then for Christmas. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

misschristy1321070644.881796 PostsRegistered 10/13/2007

Actually, with the Kohls sale and the 30% off coupon code and free shipping code, there is more like a $33 dollar difference in price for 8 placesettings. The RR tsv including shipping would be $129.19 + tax for the 8 placesettings I would need while I believe the Fiestaware would be $162.34 + tax if I order from Kohls. That means Fiestaware will cost only $33.15 more....if my math is right....fighting a little tummy virus over here so I cannot vouch for my math. And I like how the Fiestaware looks much more than the RR. And, if I don't like it, I can take it back to my Kohls store...no return shipping.

Amy - Look at the web sites of the department stores. Macy's carries a lot of Fiestaware. They may have sets with the bigger mugs. I bought the lemon grass sets on Macy's website and mine have the huge thick mugs that really keep my coffee warm longer. Shipping is free on $50.00 purchases on Macy's website.

I've gotten pretty good prices on mine and QVC is starting to irritate me by bringing out that set of Fiestaware. They've brought it out at least three times during the last presentation. I've never paid $50.00 for a set of Fiesta dishes, because there are wonderful sales. I think Jane said there was nothing special about them when she brought them out - well, I happen to think Fiestaware is really beautiful. The colors are unbelievable and it's made in the U.S.

meezerplee­zer1321100792.3231429 PostsRegistered 8/3/2008NC Mountains
On 11/11/2011 misschristy said:

Amy - Look at the web sites of the department stores. Macy's carries a lot of Fiestaware. They may have sets with the bigger mugs. I bought the lemon grass sets on Macy's website and mine have the huge thick mugs that really keep my coffee warm longer. Shipping is free on $50.00 purchases on Macy's website.

I've gotten pretty good prices on mine and QVC is starting to irritate me by bringing out that set of Fiestaware. They've brought it out at least three times during the last presentation. I've never paid $50.00 for a set of Fiesta dishes, because there are wonderful sales. I think Jane said there was nothing special about them when she brought them out - well, I happen to think Fiestaware is really beautiful. The colors are unbelievable and it's made in the U.S.

Amen, misschristy. I was getting really ticked off the way Jane was putting down the Marigold place setting. A BIG turnoff.

Circles--sounds like a great deal at BonTon. I am going to check it out since I need some serving pieces. Thanks for sharing.

heart2shop21321115195.8679 PostsRegistered 4/25/2009

I recently purchased Fiestaware from Amazon and was extremely impressed. The packaging is direct from the factory (as a complete service for four), so everything was tightly in place. There is no sales tax or shipping, and some of the items are a buy three, get the fourth for free promotion. I purchased a dinner service for 16 (big family for holidays, {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}) for the cost of a service for 12.

A year ago, I purchased Fiestaware from Macy's. Each place setting was packed as you would find it in the store, which may be great as a shower gift (of one or two place settings) but is not when you are having an entire dinner service shipped. The individual pieces were wrapped as I had picked them up in the store, not carefully bubble wrapped for shipping. There were numerous scratches and chips, most likely from the packaging. I expect this is due to the way this type of vendor sells the product, which is primarily in-store as a gift item. It was a hassle to unpack and a cumbersome to return. I am a satisfied Macy's customer in many ways, but not for this particular transaction. I would anticipate purchasing from any traditional/B&M vendor would have a similar outcome.

Good luck, and I hope you enjoy your dishes. I agree, buy American whenever possible!

Amy19001322104498.787769 PostsRegistered 9/18/2011Ohio

I did end up ordering the dishes from Kohls and LOVE them! Thanks all for the recommendations! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Page 1 of 1