Labor Day Weekend Clearance
40 Members and 8754 Guests Online

TSV Talk

Are the Dr. Perricone products worth the price?

Started 1316265914.847 in TSV Talk | Last reply 1316748276.703 by sueinsf

The TSV today is an assortment of Dr. Perricone products. Do they make a difference for you? I trust my buddies on these forums to tell it like it is. I am over 60 and am seeing more wrinkles, etc. and cannot afford injections (and not sure I want them.) What do YOU think, or have you had good results with something less expensive? Thanks for any help on this.

Page 1 of 2
Pepper1316266742.103679 PostsRegistered 1/2/2005

I have the same question. I have the nutritive cleanser and love it BUT the price of this TSV is a bit steep for this economy. I might have to pass unless someone can really convince us that this new product is really worth it!

possumdog71316267096.52324 PostsRegistered 8/6/2011

i was wondering the same thing? so recently i have been researching my options for dealing with aging. i have been to see 3 dermatologists and 3 plastic surgeons in metro Atlanta and the only thing all 6 of these doctors agreed upon was using retinol A. now i've been using the brand "atralin"(its not suppose to peel your skin as bad as some brands) about a month and i can see a difference. i was already exfoliating and use some OTC products, mainly Dr. Denese, but the retinol A has really improved the texture of my skin. all the doctors told me i would continue to see results from retinol A a year from now and 2 years from now and that retinol A is the only treatment that changes your skin on a "molecular" level. Besides that know-it-all, Dr. Perricone presenter, she has skinny eyes and is too forceful. She scares me!

misspammie1316267293.56712264 PostsRegistered 3/14/2010now in Virginia

possum, may I ask if your retinol A is OTC or from your doctor? Thanx

"jus' sanwiches and milk"

Mrs Grace1316267302.236854 PostsRegistered 8/21/2011

For those foolish enough to believe it, I guess they are. Over the years I have seen many makeup, skin care, and medical people de-bunk him on TV, news, magazine articles, etc.

Its not that he doesn't have products than can do some good for your skin, it's that of all the many products available world wide he is so far overpriced for what you get and what it can do for your face he is just full of it.

Thee are many, many excellent products that are as good or better in doing what they promise and won't rob you blind.

Remember, other than plastic surgery,nothing you rub on your face is going to do amazing things to the extent he proclaims.

I personally am fond of the various products made by Dr. Andrienne Denese, they are mid-price range and for my skin type they do seem to deliver what she states if used as she requests and used properly. It doesn't happen overnight. I've used her products for about five years and I can tell what her products have done for me.

Ther are also other good, effective brands you could try.

Good luck in finding your particular miracle worker.

Lady Chanel1316267833.807325 PostsRegistered 10/29/2010

I was one of those foolish enough to pay over $200 for the neuropeptide facial cream as well as buying one of the kits on auto delivery. I used them faithfully for over a year and saw no difference whatsoever in my skin. In fact, a plastic surgeon even told me the only thing that would remove the wrinkles above my lip was laser treatments. He pointed out it would be costly and painful but had a patient who did this and was pleased with the results. I am not willing to go through the pain and hoped there was something out there to lessen the appearance of the lines since there isn't anything that will completely remove them. No luck yet with ANY product from any line! I would save my money and not spend it on the TSV unless you are very young and just beginning to see some signs of aging.

capatosta1316267865.31743 PostsRegistered 8/19/2010

Thanks for the information. Sometimes I so WANT to believe the presenters, that I wind up ordering and then regret it. I know they count on that happening, especially times when we are a captive audience! I think I will look for less expensive solutions and try to age gracefully. After all, I have really earned some of these wrinkles!Smile

millieshops1316272587.22714615 PostsRegistered 3/15/2007

In the past 3 years, I've seen my upper lids begin to collapse. I've even been to chat with a plastic surgeon who did medically required surgery to give me a new tear duct some years ago. Amazing procedure. He's the only surgeon I'd trust to do my eyes.

Still, when he says he "could" give me a new look, I know he's a surgeon and what he would naturally recommend is surgery. That's an expensive and painful procedure that I'd just as soon forego. In fact, unless my lids cover my eyes and my insurance would help with the cost, I'm passing.

Spending $200 to see if there's any cosmetic improvement seems like a good alternative for someone like me, but I wouldn't have even thought about trying this as a younger woman.

Sabear1316272720.5271735 PostsRegistered 6/6/2007

No. It was too expensive, complex and my results werent impressive. However, some swear by it. For me, not so much.

banjo1316279396.2775123 PostsRegistered 6/16/2006Nebraska

I asked my Dr. about these creams that would supposedly lift your eyelids and he said no way. He said some people's eyelids are just prone to fall and the only way to fix them is to have surgery. It's all a part of aging. My eyelids were drooping and my vision was being affected, so I had the surgery done (by an eye surgeon) and my vision has improved a great deal.

You can tell who the strong women are, they are the ones building each other up, instead of tearing each other down!

murf21316290260.57775 PostsRegistered 7/9/2007

I can't speak to the effectiveness of the products, but I can tell you that I live in the same area supposedly that Dr. Perricone is from, have been myself to one of the top dermatologists in the country at Yale, and neither myself, nor friends who are dermatotology patients, ever heard of him.

As someone who has read and respects Paula Begouin, an M.D. in the title of the product is rarely indicative of a great product. And I might add the aforementioned Doctor that I go to- does not endorse any high priced products- and does not market any lines in his office.

Last edited on 9/17/2011

Last edited on 9/17/2011

Pomeranian­Fluff1316290770.007937 PostsRegistered 1/4/2008Vegas...

I received a deluxe sample (about 2 weeks worth, and I used all of it) of the Face Finishing Moisturizer, and I was not impressed. It left my skin with a nice texture, but I broke out. The rose smell was something that never should have been put into a facial product. When will these companies learn to make products UNSCENTED?! Some of us cannot handle scents of any kind, and what is pleasing to one person can be nauseating to another.

I noticed Sephora has a hypoallergenic line of Perricone products.

I Teach Too1316299156.27711790 PostsRegistered 7/14/2007Eastern Iowa...If you build it, they will come.

I use and love his products. I started using Retinol from the derm in January and thought I would stop using my Perricone. BIG mistake! I am back on Perricone during the day and Retinol at night. My skin is looking good once again. I have lots of Perricone products. TBH, have 58 year old skin, and his High Potency Amine is still the best product for me!

I know too much to go back an' pretend.

Danibeth1316299477.931734 PostsRegistered 5/17/2007

I was not impressed with what I tried some time ago. I make my own vit-c serum and use a light moisturer and my skin looks pretty good for 62.

Danibeth

customerQ-­-V--C1316299974.853124 PostsRegistered 2/4/2011

The last time Dr. Perricone had a TSV, it was A219144-A-DPerriconeMD DramaticResults Neuropeptide 2pcAuto-Delivery. I thought I would give it a try and caved. I used it faithfully for about two months and found my skin breaking out. It is super oily/greasy and smells terrible! I also got Perricone's facial cleanser and the moisturizer, like his representative pushed on QVC. I saw no difference whatsoever in it tightening my skin (like they promised) and just got oily skin for the $$$. Goodhousekeeping says that pricey skin treatments often contain a lot of oil for older women with dry skin. However, Goodhousekeeping says that most older gals with skin problems have combo skin and don't need the heavy duty oil treatment stuff. They say to exfoliate and use either a retinol or retin A, wear sunscreen, and use a moisturizer with Niacinamide or hyaluronic acid. I cancelled my A-D and went back to using Olay. I feel duped.

MENTL1316299989.371095 PostsRegistered 10/21/2006EARTH

NO his products do nothing more than deplete your bank account. Good example is St. Marybeth today saying that she has been using his products for 4 years and then said that she looks better now than 10 years ago..LOL Oh poor MB is delusional at best.

Danibeth1316300377.3731734 PostsRegistered 5/17/2007

I am sorry...MaryB does not look better than she did 10 yr ago. Few of us do.

Danibeth

Sassenach11316300585.534496 PostsRegistered 12/3/2005
On 9/17/2011 misspammie said:

RETIN A is the brand name for tretinoin, a prescription product. Retinol is an OTC ingredient found in many products. All are retinoids.

Possum mentioned that she is using Atralin, a prescription retinoid. Others are Tazorac, Differin, Renova. All are proven effective for anti-aging.

I ONLY wish I had begun using Retin A years and years ago. I started 3 - 4 years ago.

Sassenach11316300586.9874496 PostsRegistered 12/3/2005
On 9/17/2011 misspammie said:

RETIN A is the brand name for tretinoin, a prescription product. Retinol is an OTC ingredient found in many products. All are retinoids.

Possum mentioned that she is using Atralin, a prescription retinoid. Others are Tazorac, Differin, Renova. All are proven effective for anti-aging.

I ONLY wish I had begun using Retin A years and years ago. I started 3 - 4 years ago.

MENTL1316300820.171095 PostsRegistered 10/21/2006EARTH

I have been using retin-A for 20+ years and I have NO neck rings or wrinkles around my eyes. I live in very dry HOT climate and should have the skin of an alligator by now.

di-mc1316300964.827291 PostsRegistered 12/4/2006the real world

His products are primarily helping one person, himself and his bank account.

I wish there could be something we just apply to the surface of our skin and have all our wrinkles, etc. disappear. Unfortunately, there isn't anything like that.

If you have dry skin and apply a good moisturizer, the appearance of your skin will improve; additionally, if your skin is oily and you use something to counteract the oiliness, your skin will look better. That's about it.

Nothing you apply to the outer layer of the skin will eliminate deep wrinkles and slack underlying muscles. Do not waste your money.

The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.
Alexis de Tocqueville

shoekitty1316302162.8612469 PostsRegistered 8/10/2006

It seems like most of the posters on this thread do not like the product or find it too expensive. I love the products I have tried, and find the price okay. I am 63 and used Sisley for 10 years. If any of you have priced Sisley, Dr. Perricone is a savings compared, LOL. So the price was not a step up for me.

I am using the cleanser

the face cream

the active face firming lotion

eye cream

concentrated restorative cream

face finishing cream

and a couple other things now and then.

I think if I could get only a couple products I would get the active face firming cream, face finishing cream, and the concentrated restorative cream.

The eye creams are "okay", but that is not where I have problems

the face wash are very good, but I could stray

I have found my larger pores more refined, and a very definite firming of the skin, especially under the chin. I have had NO breakouts. I am super sensitive to cosmetics and creams.

I must confess I buy my Dr. Perricone at other online stores with no shipping and free goodies and no tax.

I did not buy the TSV because I have plenty of face wash (the nutritive cleanser is EXCELLENT) and retails about 38. I didn't want to try the eye serum, the AC is 175 everywhere. I bought that alone, no shipping, no tax, and free goodies.

I do like the toner.

life is a banquet and most poor fools are starving to death!"
Auntie Mame

Goldreich1316305199.991490 PostsRegistered 4/30/2006Flordia

I use his products faithfully for over one year and found my face broke out terribly from the Facial Finishing Moisturizer. I still have the 4pc corrector kit that comes on A/D once a year. I gave up on his product line when I discovered StriVectin. Out of all the beauty lines on the Q the Strivectin is showing amazing results without breakouts.

I do use CellCuticals as well. I still haven't decided weather I will keep up with this line.

I wonder how the ladies that use retin-A. Are you adding it to the face alone or mixed in with other treatment products? Do you only apply at night? Do you add moisturizer on top? Exactly what routine do retin-A users use. I have RX for it and I am still not sure when and how it is best to apply---help.

As far a Perricone line I think it is highly over priced. That being said, I will be trying the new Omega 3 serum. Usually oils last a long time and I can add one drop to AM routine.

My problem with beauty product lines is --30 day return isn't long enough to even see if the desired results are achieved. Perricone rep is always talking about INSTANT results --lol--first application and you will see a difference--yeah right.

My major complaint: The before and after pictures are just laughable: The first shot is with the lady smiling and you see the fine lines around the eyes or mouth, the second shot is take with a straight face from further away. The first shot of the mouth, the subject is pouting her lip out so you see a shadow under the lower lip. The second the lip is held normal so no shadow on the chin. The camera tries to trick us into believing that it's the SAME shot taken weeks apart. Well we aren't falling for it Q. Please stop with the before and after shot on the Breezies bras ---NO Women looks like the before --EVER.

Sum it up --we hope that the creams and lotions and potions will at least stop the rate of aging and make us believe that we can keep the younger look just a while longer than without the use of them.

Sunshine K­ate1316305545.9612044 PostsRegistered 11/13/2006The Beautiful Mountains & Western Sky

I don't think it's worth the money. If I'm going to use an expensive line it is PTR's. His has more actives.

Paula Begoun has a line that contains retinol and I've seen quick results with that and it's not expensive.

Respectfully ~
Kate

shoekitty1316310765.2712469 PostsRegistered 8/10/2006

His products are totally made in the USA. I like that

life is a banquet and most poor fools are starving to death!"
Auntie Mame

JBinRWC1316312901.6478479 PostsRegistered 1/26/2008Northern CA
On 9/17/2011 Sunshine Kate said:

I don't think it's worth the money. If I'm going to use an expensive line it is PTR's. His has more actives.

Paula Begoun has a line that contains retinol and I've seen quick results with that and it's not expensive.

PTR's products may have more actives but I got absolutely no results from the ones I tried. I used the Unwrinkle serum for several months and saw no change. And it is very sticky which I did not like at all. I used the Dr. P. Acyl G. for less than one month and saw great results. I have not gotten good results with all of his products but most that I have tried have worked well. I'm sticking with Dr. P.

Page 1 of 2