Handbag Clearance
67 Members and 14626 Guests Online

TSV Talk

Keurig question for experienced users

Started 1260118574 in TSV Talk | Last reply 1260425342 by reefie
Just received the TSV, works great. I have a few questions on the practical uses, can you put your own tea bag in filter, or just wait for hot water and steep on its own? What about hot chocolate, any way to make using the filter with your own fave? Just wondering about uses, Thanks for your help and ideas!

Page 1 of 1
Anonymous1260125638366 PostsRegistered 10/26/2007
I usually drink the coffee but I suppose you could put your tea bag or loose tea in the reusable k-cup filter. When I made cocoa for the first time, I put a packet in an empty cup then ran the keurig water into the cup and then stirred. That way you can save time by not having to heat water in a kettle or microwave. I did buy the cocoa k-cups and they worked fine but are expensive. I prefer to use a packet.

flyingdrea­ms1260128416907 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004NC
She said you can't put tea in the my k-cup. Just place the tea bag or hot chocolate packet in your cup and then run hot water without k-cup. Also good for oatmeal in the morning. You may want to treat yourself and get some tea or hot chocolate k-cups at kohls, bbb, or an online source such as GreenMountainCoffee.com or amazon. They are really yummy! The cafe milk chocolate one is really good and the white chocolate one is like dessert. The teas are wonderful, including the peach iced tea. There is a video on greenmountaincoffee.com on how to make the iced tea. There are many youtube videos also that may help you out.

My blog:
http://peacemanor.blogspot.com/

Pecky12601307641457 PostsRegistered 4/15/2007
I have been going crazy buying coffee for my new keurig. I just got the Chai Latte which is delicious! I am so loving my new coffee maker.

NDmom126020163314 PostsRegistered 4/30/2009
Can I ask where you got the chai latte? That sounds absoloutely wonderful!!!

Topaz Gem126020949314488 PostsRegistered 10/31/2007Scenic New Hampshire
I also heard the Keurig rep say not to use loose tea in the My K-Cup. If you are using a teabag, just put it in your cup and run hot water.
--
Autumn, the year's last, loveliest smile. ~ William Cullen Bryant

Spring shows what God can do with a drab and dirty world. ~Virgil A. Kraft

dublinlady1260213032133 PostsRegistered 10/25/2006Maine
I got my chai latte at Bed Bath and Beyond

slh12602163004413 PostsRegistered 10/19/2005NJ (Philly burb)
I'm at work eating lunch and just HAD to respond. The Keurig is awesome for tea bags too. Just stuff in a tea bag where you would put a kcup - works great for me. Chai tea is a treat.

Loves2save12602683101166 PostsRegistered 6/19/2007CA
I also just put the tea bag up where the K cup goes. Easier and faster than messing with it in the cup. For hot cocoa I just use the instant packets and use the machine for hot water. Less expensive than the K cup cocoas (they never seem to be strong enough anyway) The keurig is also great for instant hot water for instant oatmeal or cup of noodles.

AfghanQueen12602870672269 PostsRegistered 9/21/2006Kentucky
I prefer to dispense hot water from my Keurig, then put a tea bag into the cup to steep like usual or stir in a package of hot cocoa mix.
Actually I like almost-boiling water for brewing tea, so I rarely use the Keurig for hot tea. As much as I love my Keurig for coffee, I wouldn't recommend spending so much money on a Keurig for anyone who only wants it for hot tea and cocoa. I would suggest a Sunbeam Hot Shot hot water machine instead, which costs less than $20 and produces up to 2 cups of very hot water in 60 to 90 seconds.

Janet from­ NJ1260289119107 PostsRegistered 5/10/2007http://www.NJEderFan.Smugmug.comNJ
If the tea I want to brew is in a tea bag...I just stuff the teabag into the hole where you'd put the kcup and let the hot water run through it....it makes a wonderful cup of 'brewed' tea that way. As well, I have used loose tea in the my kcup in the past and have had no problems with it. I mean, if you can put coffee in there, why not tea??

ib_sewing212602902251214 PostsRegistered 1/14/2007
I empty the tea bag into the k cup............... I can't see that it would be any different than putting coffee in the k cup.
I got my cinnamon gloss keurig yesterday....... unfortunately .... I can't use it this am..........which I was looking forward to...... I woke up with a uti..............sigh...........coffee doesn't even sound good at this point.

reefie12604253425 PostsRegistered 3/6/2008southern california
I use tea bags and loose tea in mine. The little basket keeps leaves out of my cup just fine. My only caution is to not use coffee and tea in the same kcup if you don't want to share flavors. Also, you can buy reusable tops for the little cups online and reuse them with your favorite coffee. Saves a ton of money!! We use ours daily for all 4 of us. Water does not seem to get hot enough for oatmeal for me, but love it for everything else.

Page 1 of 1